day workin on cars fun:D. issue fuel filter? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
Talking day workin on cars fun:D. issue fuel filter?

well i had to change sandys oil today was actully cake . dont know why ppl have trouble . just got a 1 1/4" socket 2 extensions boom "after all its me if i say its cake come on *dont laugh at me skoal or make puns about the gm pedals lol* also got her all perrrrty again inside n out

so that took a whole 15 minish well for the oil change . but made me feel like doing more so To the 1990 ford ranger i went *dad loves that thing iunno why 2wd p.o.s*

anywho its been siting for a few months wouldnt crank "just tick" when u tryied to start it so first i changed the solenoid (old school bolts to fender not to starter) well still was tickin dad swore the battery was good so to the starter i went . replaced it . still nothing ticking so we jump it and it cranks dont start. im like that battery is dead swoped it out to prove it cranks no problem but still doest start just cranks . so im thinking fuel filter. dads arguing saying its the fuel pump. could be. but i say try filter first cheaper .. he refuses so we stop for the day .

reasons why i say its the fuel filter . never been changed truck has 173k miles on it hes had 4 new fuel pumps on it in the past 8 years . last one is just 1 - 2 years old . i swear i can hear the whine of the pump when we turn the ignition on he says im hearing things .

what do yall think

fuel filter
or
Fuel pump

*i know im far from car smart right now but hey give me credit ima learning trying to atleast on my own*
i still stand ferm on sayin its the FUEL FILTER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals

Last edited by Mentalm; 03-19-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
not to sound like an a** but why did ya change the filter out after changing out the pump. dont you think if you had to replace the pump maybe there is to much stuff in the filter to let the gas go thru easy and not put that much pressure on the pump..

ps when you going to post pictures of your sport pedals?

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoal*boy View Post
not to sound like an a** but why did ya change the filter out after changing out the pump. dont you think if you had to replace the pump maybe there is to much stuff in the filter to let the gas go thru easy and not put that much pressure on the pump..

ps when you going to post pictures of your sport pedals?
cause he uses a retarded mechanic normaly.. who is well retarded lol.. we got it running today problems . poor wire connection made it die. he burnd out the starter . and some how the oil sensor wire?? i think is what he said it was caim un pluged .

so replacing the starter me finding the poor connection and re doing it . and re connecting the wire to the oil sensor or w/e i cant remember what it was calld now rawr... but anyways all those 3 and she fired up fine

i can go take pictures now if ur seriouse about wantin to see em lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

blury but

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals

Last edited by Mentalm; 03-20-2011 at 03:57 PM.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
lol.............. you know when i logged onto the site and seen both this thread and COTM i just started laughing.... because i knew you would just say something about my post and you nice shinny pedals..

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
=D haha what can i say i make people laugh im good at it

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 11:05 AM

Garage
This is a reunion....

Glad you got the problem solved though.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
hahaha this is a reunion i kinda droped off the face of the planet for awhile got promoted at work and such . but i r back now that being said WHERES MT!

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 03:52 PM

Garage
IDK.... It isn't a party without MT right??

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSStreak View Post
IDK.... It isn't a party without MT right??
yeah we need MT u 3 was the first 3 people to help me out on the site lol and unlike other sites arent asses and have a personality lol

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yea we have to get some solid members in here.

I was beat by RKRamos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode