Looking to purchase a Cobalt SS! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Looking to purchase a Cobalt SS!

Hello, as the title states I'm looking into purchasing a Cobalt SS supercharged. I'm coming from a Dodge SRT-4 but I'm selling it soon as I won't be able to pay it off before I go back to school full time in the fall, and I'd figured I'd buy a Cobalt for about 8 or 9k if I can find one. Plus they seem like more reliable cars in terms of quality. I do have a couple of questions concerning these cars as I am not very familiar with them. I know these might be answered elsewhere on the forums already but I'm looking for consolidation of them on here.

1.) What are some common problems on some of these cars?

2.) Coming from a turbo vehicle I'm familiar with compressor surge, does that exist on the supercharged engine?

3.) Is there a rule regarding part throttle boost?

4.) I know the difference between an 05 and 06+ is the addition of the LSD correct? What other differences are there?

I think that might be it for now, if I think of more questions I'll post them on here. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 07:57 PM

Garage
Steering Pump. Solution: Recall warranty. Clicking in steering wheel. Solution: Replace axles or check torque on steering rack; dealer covers axle and steering rack warranty. Squeaky Brakes. Common problem only because from factory it came with semi-metallic pads for extended life.

I have no clue what you speak of because the SC in the Cobalt recirculates boost internally.

The Cobalt doesn't suffer from part throttle boost because there is none. Its a SC belt driven so it does not rely on exhaust to spool.

LSD comes on the E85 package. All Cobalts can have LSD as long as it came with this package other wise open dif and useless.

Thank you for the interest and hope you chose to buy the SC. Way more reliable than the skittle because you don't have to rebuild the turbo seals at 60k

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode