Anyone know where to get the Black chevy bow emblems (front and rear Bow Emblems) - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to vdizz
Lightbulb Anyone know where to get the Black chevy bow emblems (front and rear Bow Emblems)

Would like to buy them for my black 09 ss tc. But haven't been able to locate any or even a price. 1 is on the hood and 1 on the trunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Paint them.. its cheap

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 03:00 PM

Garage
saw some on ebay the other day

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 04:34 PM

Garage
But Skoal made a good point. Nothin wrong with buying the ones on Ebay, but the fact that it costs more to get them ordered than to just paint them. Its fairly simple and cost effective.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 06:28 PM

Garage
Just paint it. Give it a light sanding with 1000 grit sandpaper, spray paint it, then hit it with some clear coat. You can do it for under 10$

The fronts are removed by two 10mm nuts behind the grill. The rear is a little trickier but a hair dryer and fishing line will do. The hair dryer you use to heat up the adhesive in the back and use the fishing line to work behind the bowtie to separate it from the trunk deck. Then use goo gone to get the rest of the sticky stuff off. You can tape off the silver boarder with masking tape. Then after you have painted it simply clean the spot you are going to put it on and use 3m adhesive tape to reattach it.

As long as your surface is clean and you use several light coats your paint won't chip. The clear coat will help with that as well.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
^^^x2^^^^^

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 PM

Garage
yea cheaper is def. better, but i just know that sometimes alot of people like to keep all there stock stuff that way if they ever want to go back they can because they have everything original still. both good options, just whatever you personally prefer really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode