Looking at a Cobalt SS/SC - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Looking at a Cobalt SS/SC

First off, I am going to be buying a cobalt SS/SC sometime soon. I can not afford a turbo charged one. I also love the sound of a super charger.
I have several questions about it though.

1. How much faster is the TC cobalt SS than the SC cobalt SS.
2. Is a Cobalt SS/SC faster than a Mustang GT?
3. What can i do to add more horsepower to a SC cobalt SS.

Thank you in Advance for answering these questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Contributing User

Garage
how much faster is a turbo vs sc. i believe stage 2? s/cs keep up with stock turbos? Red will let us know if im wrong lol...

can a stock s/c beat a stang gt? depends what year the GT is . and im not to sure. guess depends how bad the drivers are aswell lolol

as far as gaining power in the s/c .. u dont just want hp... Trq matters more imo.. but anyways theres plenty of aftermarket for the s/c cobalts. and of corse theres the GM stage kits. id atleast go Stage 2. then do w/e u want they make turbo swops for em zzp has good rateings ... id just look around on zzp's site and also modern performance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
stock for stock the turbo will smoke the sc everytime. there are many upgrades that you can do for more hp. I know they make an aftermarket supercharge for it. i know a guy and he puts down about 320hp with it plus whatever else he has done to it. Stang GT are pretty quick to try to run with a sc, the older ones you shouldnt have a problem, but the newer ones. I have been lost to 2 of them. but there went stock.. NOS and supercharged.

I was beat by RKRamos.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 02:35 PM

Garage
Skoal and Mentalm pretty much hit the nail on the head. Stock for stock, the TC has the edge over the SC but not by much. At least not to mine.... I may not be stock, but I was able to keep up to a TC even through 4th, but it still had an edge by half a car to a door. An SS/SC vs a Stang GT, an older GT is a slowpoke so you should be able to pull a length or two on them. The newer pre-11 GTs are on par with the SCs and the new 11 5.0s are no contest.

With less than $1500 on the motor plus SC, you should be at ~280hp to the wheels and pretty much smoke your average ricer out there with ease. And to me, the SC feels like it gets better economy even though it has a blower instead of a turbine. I get a little bit better than 23mpgs on the street and 32mpgs on the highway. Best is 35mpgs but that was on a long trip.

Mods would be a ZZP heat exchanger, Cat-back, Cold Air Intake, Headers and a pully with a tune and you should be set.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode