trunk keeps filling up with water on my LNF - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

trunk keeps filling up with water on my LNF

checked all the sunroof drains, checked the weather strip, checked everything the water just keeps dripping from the upper back just above the right tail light. The water only leaks in when you spray the back windshield, on the inside i can see where all the spots inside are like jb welded so i know this was a previous problem with the other owner. I took it to my dealership and they said that they can see where water is coming in but they dont know where its coming from. Also they said they cant even promise me they can fix it he said if his tech determines the leak is coming from the sheet metal inside then theres nothing they can do about it? im at 41000 so the bumper to bumper is gone. not sure what to do at this point any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
if its the back glass, call a winshild place and see if they can reseal the window.

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

but is it possible that it could leak down into the trunk from the rear window??? I figured if it was the window my whole back seat would be wet too but thats not the case

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yea. The rear window stops meet the end of the trunk.

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 12:56 PM

What skoal said. It's most likely the back window. Have you gotten it checked yet?

Cruisin' around in the Cobolt repaired by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 10:22 AM

Check the antenna. Make sure it's sealed tight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode