I need your help!!! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

I need your help!!!

Ok, let me start off, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right and I'm on a cell phone so if this comes out horribly typed I'm sorry. I made this account just now because I need yalls opinion/input/help!!! Everyone I know with SS's have talked highly of this website and I know people who have sold stuff on here and are a member.

Ok, a while ago, I was given a cobalt... Yes, given, completely free! Even though the car had problems I could not turn down a free ride because at the time I had nothing! It is a 2007, 2 door, black, 5 speed cobalt with 107,xxx miles. It's not an SS but it's not the plain jane either (sorry in not to good at this lol) it's either the ls or the lt. It has power windows, mirrors, and door locks, cruise. Well I took it with intentions of fixing it up. Now I want rid of it and came here for help! So where to start... First I'll list what I have put in the car: it has brand new tires less than 3 months old on the stock 16's, a brand new steering column, a brand new starter, and a brand new computer. That's all I've put in it. Ok, it also has been lowered, has an injen cold air intake, and aftermarket exhaust. I also have a set of cobalt SS 18's on parelli low profiles for the car as well. Ok, my problem, the car needs a clutch and flywheel, so currently it will not start or go into gear. It also could use a paint job. The reason I put a new computer in it is because the old one was messed up and would not connect to anything at the dealership, advanced, or anywhere to actually give me the codes to what was wrong with it. So after the new computer, it's throwing a code about the passenger seat and seat belt latch having a bad sensor which throws off the air bag causing the air bag light to stay on. Ok there is also some code showing a sensor in the front passenger wheel area causing the abs system to not register which makes the abs light and brake light stay on. So I pulled the plug and took it to get an inspection sticker. The only thing that failed it was a small exhaust leak.

So this is where I need all of your expert advice!!!! With a car being sort of new, having that many new parts/extras, just not running what do I do?!?!? How much can I get for it?!?!?! Would I be better of scrapping it?!?!?! What's ten times worse is where I live is really country, men look at a woman who needs money and trying to sell a car and offer me ridiculously low amounts, well I think they are low (its safe to say i live in a sexist town!)I've got an offer of $800 to $1,000. I mean, call me crazy but between the parts I've put on it the money I've spent and the things on it, it's worth more than $1,000 right!?!?! Plus whoever buys it I'm giving the SS 18's away with it?!?! Please help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode