Thinking of buying an SS - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Thinking of buying an SS

Just what the title says. I'm thinking about buying a Cobalt SS. I currently have a Solstice GXP...I LOVE it!! I'm looking for a second car since I put about 20k on them and I live in Michigan. I'm very particular about my cars. I'm looking at a 2009 Cobalt SS. It has the same engine as my Solstice, so I know it has power! What should I expect from this car? Is there anything that I should look for? Any common problems? Like for the Solstice, the waterpump is an issue and goes every 30-60k...the rear end has a TSB for a leak...and the high-pressure-fuel-pump tends to go on earlier models.... Things like this is what I want to know. This car I'm looking at has 66,000 on it and they want $13,500. Does the car have bluetooth? I've always loved the looks of the Cobalt SS. I know its not a very pratical "winter ride", but it's FWD. It would be more of a year round car as I want to keep the mileage off of my Solstice. My Solstice has a tune, exhaust and CAI, so I'm pushing about 300hp. My other choice for a car is an '08 G8 with the V6 motor. It has 71k on it and they want $10,900..... I would like a sedan because I've never owned one...but love the Cobalt because I know what to expect from the motor, and it should be a rocket.... Thanks in advance guys/gals!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Get the cobalt, and yes they all come with bluetooth these days. its the same motor, so all the common problems with the solstice, is with the cobalt

I was beat by RKRamos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode