2007 Cobalt - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

2007 Cobalt

I really want a victory red ss/sc but i cant really afford it yet. my aunt works for a chevy dealership so i can get a good deal on them but i dont want to wait and find out that they are not making a 2007 model for me to order since there are like 10 with in a 100 miles of me and none are red. So does anyone know if they are gonna continue making them in the years to come, and any suggestions on what options and mods to get to start off with. im not try go balls to the walls fast, but just fun fast, i already have to may speeding tickets from my honda. I was thinking about the gm stage 2 to start off with. Any answers/suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 12:53 AM
iso
Contributing User

there will be an '07 ss/sc with a few new options/accessories. as far as options i highly recommend the performance package.

as for mods check out this thread.
https://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showt...highlight=line

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Yeah i was looking to get the preformance package, sunroof, and sound system. I have looked at that mod list before, the only thing is where can u go to have those items installed like the exhaust and strut bar, i have never had a preformance car before and only can do basic mechanical work and repairs on a cars. do you know what other options they will offer with the 07 model iso?

Last edited by forced_induction; 06-14-2006 at 06:35 AM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:39 AM

Here is a link to the .net site they have what all is going to be in the 07 models. http://www.*************/forums//showthread.php?t=18184

I might get the 07 as well as keeping my ss/sc that i have modded right now
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:44 AM

For starters, the performance package is a must lol. Also, get the sound system and a sunroof.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 10:42 AM

haha, dont blame the car for your speeding tickets...thats like blaming guns for murder...

I drove a 12 second car around for about a year one time and managed to stay out of trouble, then i get my monte with does maybe low 13s...at the time...and got like 3 haha.

I agree with the performance package...cause i totally fucked myself and forgot to get it...arggg...but i have done burn outs b4 and both wheels spin...so oh well, works for me.

As far as sunroof...i guess thats a personal preference. I know i will never buy another car with a removeable or detachable roof or one with a hole in the roof. If you knew what i had to go through with my monte, you may change your mind. It used to be a t-top...now a complete interior later it has a hard top haha. You let them seals go bad even a little...its downhill from there, the roof will rot right out. That was on an older car too...when we still used good strong metal. These new cars and their paper thin steel leave much to be desired.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 12:03 PM

From your description of what type of car you want, then cobalt ss/sc is the way to go. I think you will be extremely pleased with the power and acceleration of the car, and not to mention the cars power is never out of control. And don't worry, if the cavalier was around for a friggan decade unchanged, then the cobalt is not going anywhere anytime soon.

I just checked my brochure and the 7 speaker pioneer sound system comes standard on the SS/SC.

But if you want something to avoid speeding tickets, then a victory red supercharged coupe with a huge wing will not be the best choice.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 12:09 PM
iso
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by forced_induction
Yeah i was looking to get the preformance package, sunroof, and sound system. I have looked at that mod list before, the only thing is where can u go to have those items installed like the exhaust and strut bar, i have never had a preformance car before and only can do basic mechanical work and repairs on a cars. do you know what other options they will offer with the 07 model iso?
exhaust/header you can get done at an exhaust shop. intake can be done yourself, so can the strut bar, lowering springs also. stage kit at your dealer. a lot of things are pretty simple to install with a few exceptions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

I checked the stero does come stock. I know the car is gonna attract police attention so ill just do the speed limit and take to the track a lot.if i buy somthing faster it will only get me in trouble, plus i think the ss/sc is dead sexy. i have tried what local exhaust shops are around me but most will only do stock replacment systems. Any body know any good exhaust shops in the south jersey/philly area and what i can expect to pay for the installation? oh and iso, u are the carfax of preformance cars, lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode