BOV or bypass valve for supercharger - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

BOV or bypass valve for supercharger

was looking at one that was mounted in the elbow from the intake tube into the supercharger heard it sounded alright has anybody looked into this or any other suggestions???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 09:34 PM

Honestly I would leave it alone, a lot of other guys on here say that it would sound too "ricey". Im not too educated on that part anyways. I will have to look into that.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 11:34 PM
iso
Contributing User

the eaton m62 is equipped with a by pass valve so no need to go adding any more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 06:12 AM

seel your car, buy an civic, have a bov, ricer
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman View Post
This weeks douchebag award goes to.......

Anyway back on topic, if you pop the hood and rev the engine hard, you will hear an air discharge when you let off. I personally wouldn't f with it because you could really mess up your car. Nobody has really been able to make the discharge any louder. Your better off spending your money on other mods.

goodluck!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I didnt really need a smart ass answer but to all the other thanks for the advice i was just wondering. i think a stg2 kit is a much better investment right now my car is ont he shop for rotors, sunroof, and god knows what else.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 09:18 PM

You cannot go wrong with GMPP stage 2. Considered by many on this site to be the best mod out there AND its completely warranty safe.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 09:23 PM

Yes! ^ It is indeed worth the money! AND, as a matter of fact, I went to the dealership today to get my oil changed and tires rotated and they noticed my Ingalls torque damper. They asked me what it was, and I told them the benefits of it such as less wear on the motor mounts, stiffens shifting, yadda yadda, and the service manager was like "Why doesnt GM put these on factory?!?" So, in Conclusion to this reply, 1) Get the stage 2 kit installed 2) Get the INgalls stiffy torque damper good luck in your modding!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 01:53 AM
iso
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonelf View Post
You cannot go wrong with GMPP stage 2. Considered by many on this site to be the best mod out there AND its completely warranty safe.
the warranty part is only semi correct. it is up to the dealer's discretion, especially if you installed the kit yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
jesus... i must have been cranky that early in the morning... not to mention i couldnt spell the word "sell" and used "an" instead of "a"

I accept this weeks douchebag award and would like to thank my Mom, Pops, my dog, and everybody here on the forums for allowing me to make an ass out of myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode