but i need to kno
if there would be ne problems doin this

i found a upgraded supercharger
so all i need is the engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Contributing User

put that supercharger on the 2.2l. it would be a perfect swap.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 09:27 PM

The engine, whether it be 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4, is the same block. So, in essence, you should be able to put the SC on no problem. But, I would look into someone reprogramming your comp, and possibly slightly bigger injectors to compensate for the extra air being compressed into your engine. Good Luck!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 11:30 PM

I don't even know if they've cracked the codes for the 2.2's pcm. Unless you have an 07. They already have them cracked for those I'm sure.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 02:12 PM

if you have an 05 or an 06 it's not possible... no tuning, so the engine will not run... cannot piggy back it, i know people are going to say that, eventually... and if you put a supercharger on a 2.2 at this point in the game, it won't work either... you will blow your engine up
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 04:16 PM

^^^Due to the higher compression ratio right???
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 09:15 PM

it's because you can't tune for it... you can't just drop an engine in and get in and drive... there's other modifications that need to be done for it to work properly, and they can't be done...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 05:33 AM

go to gm and look up there supercharger for the 2.2's, the dealership can reflash the computer. thats the only one right now that is definate. i still hadnt heard back from hahn or other companies yet as to the tunning capabilities. hptuners told me that it will be a while, if at all that they do one for us.

i have a list of part numbers for a performance head, perf cams and adj cam gears, pm me and ill give ya the numbers. they are all gmpp parts. i wzas told that the stock computer can handle those parts or they can reflash the pcm to work.

Last edited by Show Off; 11-12-2006 at 05:34 AM. Reason: way to fn early to be saying the same thing twice.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillahKermitt View Post
^^^Due to the higher compression ratio right???
actually the 2.2s can handle anything(turbo, supercharger, 65 sht of nos, etc) up to 250 hp. then you have to replace pistons, rings, and rods then your good till 400 hp. the problem here is gm got there panties in a bunch for some reason and locked the bitch out so NO ONE can tune the pcm. i emailed gm and they said: "It sounds like you are planning to change the emmisions of the car and in no way can or should you do that." so basically they side stepped me and told me to fk off.
id say go natrally asperated (dont mind my spelling) with gmpp parts. id suggest getting a copy of the 0-1300 hp build book. and youll be happy with the results. gm has a nat. asp. cobalt running salt flats that is amazing from what i hear.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 05:46 PM

Yes... that is the reason for the production version of our cars. They built it specifically for running down there... they just needed a production version. And I wasn't really looking to supercharge my 2.2 or anything yet because I know it needs to be tuned... I thought pistons and the whole nine would have to be swapped out as well until the above post. At first, I planned on building this car to be a monster... but those dreams faded and now all I want is a pretty quick car I can build up. I like the Cobalt. So, I'm thinkin of trading up pretty soon for either the SS s/c or the RL. Cobalt looks better to me, but RL is cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode