SpeedMafia/Alpine Development 2.2 Turbo Kit - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

SpeedMafia/Alpine Development 2.2 Turbo Kit

Hello guys, im just curious to see who will be interested in getting a complete bolt on turbo kit for the Cobalt LS/LT 2.2L.
This month, SpeedMafia(www.speedmafia.com) and Alpine Development will be using my car to bolt on their new turbo kit for the 2.2's. They also have the tuning. Basically its going to be a piggyback system that uses the Crank Position sensor(to retard timing) and various other sensors to manipulate the L61's computer. I can provide more details later but we are looking at about 200-215whp and about the same or higher wtq. And they have used this on the Ions already so it has already been done, its just a matter of making the kit to fit the Cobalts.
So expect a killer kit out by the end of the month. We will be posting Dyno Graphs and i will be posting videos too.

There will be two kits. A non-intercooled kit that puts out about 5-6psi, and an intercooled kit that puts out about 8psi. The chip will also be able to get reprogrammed for whenever you get forged internals and want to up the boost. You will also have the option to get a larger turbo when you buy the kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 11:39 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw4y View Post
Hello guys, im just curious to see who will be interested in getting a complete bolt on turbo kit for the Cobalt LS/LT 2.2L.
This month, SpeedMafia(www.speedmafia.com) and Alpine Development will be using my car to bolt on their new turbo kit for the 2.2's. They also have the tuning. Basically its going to be a piggyback system that uses the Crank Position sensor(to retard timing) and various other sensors to manipulate the L61's computer. I can provide more details later but we are looking at about 200-215whp and about the same or higher wtq. And they have used this on the Ions already so it has already been done, its just a matter of making the kit to fit the Cobalts.
So expect a killer kit out by the end of the month. We will be posting Dyno Graphs and i will be posting videos too.

There will be two kits. A non-intercooled kit that puts out about 5-6psi, and an intercooled kit that puts out about 8psi. The chip will also be able to get reprogrammed for whenever you get forged internals and want to up the boost. You will also have the option to get a larger turbo when you buy the kit.
Pics will be coming shortly for you guys!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 10:38 PM

other forum with turbo kit for the cobalt guys!
http://www.yourcobalt.com/modules.ph...er=asc&start=0

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 01:24 PM

Duane, whats up man! yep just talked with John and everything from the saturn ion turbo kit fit right up to the Cobalt and john said he is waiting on some fittings and get the down pipe setup just right and the car will be ready to go!

So that is good news i was sure the ion kit would fit fine on the Cobalt but it being MAF there are some changes that need to be made!

Also John said he will be sending pics of it and get it over to Duane!

Thanks Kevin
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:29 AM

hows about ya'll help me finish my 2.0L SC to turbo swap...

then sell the kit to the guys who wanna make big power!!!!

I'm so close to being done!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 08:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Be careful not to advertise until you are a sponsor (even in "side conversations" to a specific person... its obvious). The admins are very strict on that and will have the thread deleted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBIZZLE View Post
Be careful not to advertise until you are a sponsor (even in "side conversations" to a specific person... its obvious). The admins are very strict on that and will have the thread deleted.
Cobizzle..i hear you man! see the problem here is i am not doing the install of any of it so since i am in denver and he is in boise i am just updating him....i have nothing to do with the install of the car or tuning or programming...so i am just giving update as i would if someone did a install at there house and posting my thoughts or feelings...but i feel what you are saying i just want my man Duane to be updated at all times

now if i was doing the install it would be a different story.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 12:08 PM

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 02:33 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw4y View Post

Just so you know, i am very interested, i'd really like to see more pics with the complete kit, and also some dyno numbers, which i'm sure will follow the completed installation, i do not like the garret piping that runs up over the valve cover,so i am anxious to see how you guys do yours... Thanks, and keep us posted...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_faulk75 View Post
Just so you know, i am very interested, i'd really like to see more pics with the complete kit, and also some dyno numbers, which i'm sure will follow the completed installation, i do not like the garret piping that runs up over the valve cover,so i am anxious to see how you guys do yours... Thanks, and keep us posted...
these are the pics so far
http://www.alpine-developments.us/cobalt_project.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode