2005 S/C SS Clutch - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Post 2005 S/C SS Clutch

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I own a 2005 Cobalt SS S/C and the clutch seems to be slipping already. I spoke with the chevy dealer that had sold me the car and they basically told me it isn't under warranty. So, my options are to have them order me a new one and have them install it for me (I'd rather do it myself to save some cash) or I can have them order it and I can install it myself. Now, I know the mechanics at the dealership personally so I'm asking them for a manual diagram for the cobalt's drive train (this will save me time and money to change the clutch). Replacing the clutch by myself won't be the difficulty here, but finding out other than through my dealership on where to buy one is. Anyways, my question is: What are my options with buying the new clutch? Mainly, the best price and where to buy one. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzboarder17 View Post
Hey guys, I have a quick question. I own a 2005 Cobalt SS S/C and the clutch seems to be slipping already. I spoke with the chevy dealer that had sold me the car and they basically told me it isn't under warranty. So, my options are to have them order me a new one and have them install it for me (I'd rather do it myself to save some cash) or I can have them order it and I can install it myself. Now, I know the mechanics at the dealership personally so I'm asking them for a manual diagram for the cobalt's drive train (this will save me time and money to change the clutch). Replacing the clutch by myself won't be the difficulty here, but finding out other than through my dealership on where to buy one is. Anyways, my question is: What are my options with buying the new clutch? Mainly, the best price and where to buy one. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
go aftermarket and all the trouble will be eliminated by the way how many miles do you have on yours.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 05:19 PM

well first off i must say that changing a clutch on this car is a MUCH harder thing to do then you may think...even if you've done a clutch before be prepared for this car....at a shop, with all proper tools its a 7-8hr job.

as for the part i recommend a spec clutch.

its what i use and they have been proven to be a great and reliable unit on our car.

best prices i've found far it are here...

http://www.ultrarev.com/storefront-c0.html

use the coupon code "cobaltss"

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the replies so far. my milage is around 22,500
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:53 PM

clutch is definitely NOT your avg swap on these LSJs...stay away from Clutch Masters, but if you have ANY plans for the car (power-wise) whatsoever, you MUST go A/M...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm1979 View Post
clutch is definitely NOT your avg swap on these LSJs...stay away from Clutch Masters, but if you have ANY plans for the car (power-wise) whatsoever, you MUST go A/M...
lol mgm....thats aweome

i'll never forget that whole fuckin mess....

people like DJT and such sunk soooo much money into that swap just have to keep taking it out and trying it again like 3 times...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Black View Post
lol mgm....thats aweome

i'll never forget that whole fuckin mess....

people like DJT and such sunk soooo much money into that swap just have to keep taking it out and trying it again like 3 times...
UltraRev is supposedly processing my credit for the "clutch" - once that hits, I'm going after C-M for "incurred" costs with a lawyer in my back pocket. They may be others in on it as well, if it gets THAT ugly.

A new purpose in my life is to prevent ALL board/forum sales of C-M's products until they get their shit together and PROVE they have an effective design. I know the LSJ A/M is limited, but no sense in having others go through the same repetitive drama a few of us have already endured.

I don't mean to bash C-M...but then again, I do.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 06:46 PM
p7x
Contributing User

depending on ur plans for the car, Exedy makes a sweet stage 3 kit which inculdes lightweight flywheel and the rest for $1100. The same kit used in the time attack cobalt ss
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm1979 View Post
UltraRev is supposedly processing my credit for the "clutch" - once that hits, I'm going after C-M for "incurred" costs with a lawyer in my back pocket. They may be others in on it as well, if it gets THAT ugly.

A new purpose in my life is to prevent ALL board/forum sales of C-M's products until they get their shit together and PROVE they have an effective design. I know the LSJ A/M is limited, but no sense in having others go through the same repetitive drama a few of us have already endured.

I don't mean to bash C-M...but then again, I do.
yea i;ve seen your post's both on .net and on the IRL forum...i have the name BlkCss over there tho...

i agree with you as for stopping all people from getting them until proven other wise.

good luck geting your money back...its owed to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode