The best gas - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

The best gas

out of Chevron, Esso, Petro-Canada, and Shell, who has the best gas for 91 octane and higher. (weigh pros/cons).

If none here apply, post your own company (but since Im in Canada, I would prefer if the company is available in Canada)

Thanks!

Discuss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 12:24 AM
iso
Contributing User

i believe chevron and shell are in the top tier of gas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Contributing User

I've always used Shell. Don't think it really matters much as long as you don't go with Billy Bob's Discount Gas.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 06:21 PM

i use the 93 octane at the BP stores
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 02:09 PM

i use anything that im closest to, i havnt seen any differences in performance, mileage, cold start, etc. mostly, shell, bp, and hess (wilco)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 04:44 PM

is use bp 93
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 11:37 PM

i use qt alot its 91 but i get the best gas milage w/ them

shell gasoline goes through the car like a faucet
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 10:04 PM

I actually have a question. During the summer my friends and I go to a drag strip in Rochester, My question is this there's a Sunoco station in Weedsport that has 100 octane race fuel but my friend suggested 110 unleaded from our local airstrip. Can our cars run 110 unleaded or is it too high of an octane?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 10:11 PM

Honestly you shouldnt have to worry. Higher octane fuel doesnt increase the compression ratio, it just burns hotter faster. The quicker a flame can get to the piston, the quicker the combustion is = better power, less unburned fuel. If it says in my Stage 2 manual that premium fuel is recommended, then I'm going with the higher octane rating. The only problem that arises with me is: Will it make the engine run too hot? <- it shouldnt though... I'd run the 100 and see what you have. I ran 118 in my camaro with the stockv6 (3.1) 1992 model, and it made it smell like a racecar. lol
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1zero View Post
out of Chevron, Esso, Petro-Canada, and Shell, who has the best gas for 91 octane and higher. (weigh pros/cons).
mobil has the best gas, but it depends on how busy the gas station is (this goes for any gas)... you don't want to buy gas form a station that is rarely busy because it sits in their underground tanks for a long time. one other thing you have to watch out for that alot of people don't realize....

those gas pumps with only one hose... when you go and fill up at those stations, you are getting up to 2 gallons of whatever gas was left in the hose from the previous buyer. i never use these gas stations unless i'm in an area i don't know.

the octane levels with 1 gallon of 87 and 10 of 93 would be almost identical as 11 gallons of 93, but you get the cheap gas itself in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode