school - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

school

im thinking that i might go to uti in a couple of years or earlier
has anybody looked into this place or have gone to or graduated from it
i feel like i got screwed with the place i went for two years.
with half ass schoolin i need to get into a better school and get to those dealers or performance shops.
if somebody could help that would be nice
and if anyone knows of a better school than uti let me know that also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 10:02 PM

From what Ive seen on UTI, they mostly do diesel, personal watercraft, motorcycles, and foreign automakers. Honestly, in my area, it would be a waste of my time, because the only foreign (if you can call it that) would be honda. I was looking into NASCAR technical instutute, but hell, for $30,000 for 29 weeks, I could buy another balt for that.... Or mod the hell out of mine.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 10:34 AM

NADC out of Nashville is one of the top schools in that category. you can specialize in performance, paint and body, or diesel

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 10:41 PM

uti is a waste of money. same with lincolntech. those places dont care if you learn anything as long as they have your 30 grand.

look around for GM ASEP or FORD ASSET classes. they're cheaper, through a community college, and you learn a hell of a lot more AND AND AND you're actually guarenteed a job when you graduate. you go to class 8 weeks, work at a dealership 10 - 12 weeks, and rotate back and forth for 2 years. I'm doing it now, and graduating soon. its by far better than UTI or Lincoln tech
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 10:43 PM

I dunno where house springs is, Longview Community College in Lee's Summit MO does both the ford and gm classes along with a general class for retarded kids who want retarded teachers. the gm and ford teachers are by far more intelligent. i would check into classes there if you want to do something like that.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

its near saint louis
uti offers hotrod u and super street for the performance
we had a guy come into the class and talk to us about it and the graduating students end up getting a good job after their done
ill look into the gm asep classes
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 05:35 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremie View Post
uti is a waste of money. same with lincolntech. those places dont care if you learn anything as long as they have your 30 grand.
no school cares if you learn anythng as long as they get your money. they're not in business to make the world a better place, they're there to make money.

why not just go to school for something that pays good like th IT or medical field. i do cars in my spare time at my dad's shop and work as a network admin for a goverment agency. make d*mn good money and get to play with cars too.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Contributing User

I had a friend go to UTI for like a week then stopped going. Like the guy above said I only like it as a hobby and my friend noticed that too. Other than that I don't know anything about that.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forced View Post
I had a friend go to UTI for like a week then stopped going. Like the guy above said I only like it as a hobby and my friend noticed that too. Other than that I don't know anything about that.
thats a heck of a plan, go into a medical field, or govt agancy. because working on cars nowdays is just troubleshooting. too much computer stuff on them, so its easier to find out whats wrong. my camaro, on the other hand, has a 65 model smallblock, no compute to tell you whats wrong....
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 05:56 PM

I don't know about UTI. But I can tell you a thing or to about NADC(Nashville Auto Diesel College). I am currently attending. I've been here since september and I'm on my 4th class. I go straight through the summer and graduate in October. I'm paying about 26,000 but that includes full tuition, full NAPA tool set, All you can eat meal plan and housing. They teach you the basics of gasoline and diesel and then you choose what industry you want to learn more about for the last three months of school. On a side note most of the automotive school are ran by the same people. UTI, lincoln tech and NADC are all ran by the same people I know for sure. If you want some info just PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode