Want Projectors for CHEAP? Click Here - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Want Projectors for CHEAP? Click Here

Over at css.net (www.cobalt ss.net) we got a Group Buy going on of these things from a company called NGA Motorsports.

Go to the site, then go to Forums and then down to the Vendor/Group Buys section. It should be the 1st thread on the page (lots of people are getting them).

Follow the instructions (they're about 6-8 posts down).

20 peeps - $225
30 ppeps - $215
50 peeps - $200

There are codes for free shipping and $15 off (the initial $239 price to $225) Think about it. Ebay ones go for $230 + Shipping (and they're ebay ones!!) I've been informed that this company makes them better. So you're looking at approx $45 saved over ebay + the possibility of another $25 after that. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

The NGA spokesman also said that this could possibly go on for a month if there's enough interest.

BUY THEM WHILE THEY'RE CHEAP!

Last edited by Biniecki; 01-04-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 09:34 AM

Yep, bought mine already. There are already 14 people paid so the price is going to be nice.

We'll probably end up around the 30 mark.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Contributing User

you can get projectors on ebay for $175, without having to wait for a group buy.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 11:24 AM

why isnt cobalt ss .net working?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfinfliction View Post
you can get projectors on ebay for $175, without having to wait for a group buy.
Can you post a link or something, the cheapest I could find on Ebay was $191.99 + $40 shipping for chrome only. Thats $7 more than the group buy and if you order from ebay your not getting it from a trusted vendor. Group buy is definitely a better deal IMO
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 04:58 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWheelz View Post
Can you post a link or something, the cheapest I could find on Ebay was $191.99 + $40 shipping for chrome only. Thats $7 more than the group buy and if you order from ebay your not getting it from a trusted vendor. Group buy is definitely a better deal IMO
That's the cheapest I've seen. I paid $199 plus shipping of $40 on ebay. I have the chrome ones. I do want to warn people that I've personally seen and experienced only problems with these things. I have a friend who has them in black. On his right light the chrome is bubbling where his turn signal/parking light bulb is. Also, they aren't sealed properly. One of his keeps fogging up on the inside. He has tried resealing it, but that didn't work. HIs halo's are also burning out. I believe he's only had his car for about 7 or 8 months. Also, when I got mine only one of the led's in the right light worked. I tried to open the light up by removing the back piece but it is attatched using some kind of sealant that would need to be cleaned off then new stuff reapplied. Don't let the screws fool you. They only go into that sealant to hold the thing together, not a nut or something on the other side. Now, the one led was working just flashes fast like a strobe. I do not know what is causing this. The wiring was done correctly and exactly the same as the left side. The left isn't experiencing any problems, yet.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfinfliction View Post
That is absolutely incorrect. There are no projectors on ebay for $175.

You will not find black projectors for $175.00 brand new. Plus there is shipping.

The price for this group buy is $225.00 shipped U.S and Canada.
10 more people and it's $215.00 shipped U.S and Canada.

$225.00 shipped beats all ebay prices.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSteveSC View Post
why isnt cobalt ss .net working?

Some times the server act's up give it some time and im sure you will be able to get to the site just fine.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8_gt View Post
That's the cheapest I've seen. I paid $199 plus shipping of $40 on ebay. I have the chrome ones. I do want to warn people that I've personally seen and experienced only problems with these things. I have a friend who has them in black. On his right light the chrome is bubbling where his turn signal/parking light bulb is. Also, they aren't sealed properly. One of his keeps fogging up on the inside. He has tried resealing it, but that didn't work. HIs halo's are also burning out. I believe he's only had his car for about 7 or 8 months. Also, when I got mine only one of the led's in the right light worked. I tried to open the light up by removing the back piece but it is attatched using some kind of sealant that would need to be cleaned off then new stuff reapplied. Don't let the screws fool you. They only go into that sealant to hold the thing together, not a nut or something on the other side. Now, the one led was working just flashes fast like a strobe. I do not know what is causing this. The wiring was done correctly and exactly the same as the left side. The left isn't experiencing any problems, yet.

And this is the reason im not going with anyone from ebay on this .. i would much rather get it from a group buy and from a trusted vendor than some no name person thats not going to help out if there is a problem.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 10:41 AM

At last count we are at 19 with 1 pending and so if you want to jump in and the order's will be sent once we get to 20 if im not mistaken. I think he is going to send the second order in once we hit 30 and so on and pass the saving on to us as the group buy go's up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode