Cobalts SS banner

HID question...

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  emperorjj1 
#1 ·
alright. so i just got an 07 2.4L SS and my headlights arent doin it. I really would love to buy some HID's but i am a little confused on how its going to work. Not necessarily on hooking them up, but what to put them in. I've searched for an hour or so and cant find a definite answer. Will the work and put out in the stockers or will it work better with the ebay halos or should i just forget about HID's altogether? Thank you

#2 ·
If you want to buy the Halos instead of paying over 300$ on ebay I suggest you go see this GB on Cobalt SS.net ( no spaces ). You will see it on the front page.

And I was wondering the same questions as you. Either go with HID or Halos.. Still thinking about it.

#3 ·
well i was more wondering is it ok to put HID's in the stock headlights or would it be better to put them in the halo projectors or are both situations a bad idea. The only concern in my mind is aiming, i dont want to blind people, and since the halos have projectors they might have a good cutoff so this doesnt happen, so if anyone has experience with HID's in the stockers or halos and can help id appreciate it.

and arent those shown on cobaltss. net the same as the ebay ones? and if im not mistaken the ebay halos only cost 200...

#4 ·
I have 7k Nokya Arctic blues in mine. No problems with aiming, blinding people, and they look cool as hell. Blue lights on a yellow car, I thought it would clash, but it looks good. I will try to post a pic.

#5 ·
Heres a pic, the camera doesnt do justice for the color.

Attachments

#6 ·
any wall shots? basically what im looking for is like if i get HID's and aim them at a wall, i want that crisp cut-off on the wall, kind of like you see on acuras and what not. do the stockers or halo projectors give that kind of result or is the light aimed everywhere?

#7 ·
hold on, let me look in the album for a wall shot.

#8 ·
here ya go, it doesnt have a definite cutoff like projectors will have, but i love them. Night driving is a pleasure, because it illuminates the signs as well.

Attachments

#9 ·
I have 7k Nokya Arctic blues in mine. No problems with aiming, blinding people, and they look cool as hell. Blue lights on a yellow car, I thought it would clash, but it looks good. I will try to post a pic.
Nice, how much did it cost you to change those lights ? I still the old stock ones and they are doing much now in the dark. Tired of running on the high beams :)

#12 ·
Nice, how much did it cost you to change those lights ? I still the old stock ones and they are doing much now in the dark. Tired of running on the high beams :)
I did it myself, all your going to do is change the bulbs, not the assembly.

#10 ·
They are only like 28 dollars a set! I got them at AutoZone where I work. Hang on a min and I will get a part number for you.

#11 ·
770672 <-this is the AutoZone part number for the headlights. the fog lights I got also, but no pic of. they really look a little more blue than the headlights! part number: 778469

#14 ·
#15 ·
if you want the best get HID's

i got the HALO kit from UNEEK on css.net

6k set up....if you want to do it rite and have NO regrets then get HID's if yo want a cheep way out with come bulbs then by all means go for it....but you wont be as happy as if you had got a set of HID's

let me know if you do have some questions on how to hook them up and such...they work great in the stock head light housings.

#16 ·
Thank you everyone for your responses. But i am still searching for a definite answer haha. I want true HID's (not look a like bulbs, i had those in my other car) and am looking to have the cut off like acuras and nicer cars have. Do the ebay projectors have a cutoff like that? I am guessing the stockers dont so my question is would the ebay projectors give a decent cutoff with true HID's in them?

#17 ·
if you run a projecter style head lamp then you'll get that "cut off" your looking for.....the e-bays are actualy in a group buy on css.net so go check that out and you'll get what you want.

#19 ·
i've asked him before but i've yet to get a response.

#20 ·
hey 06 black you seem to be quite knowledgable... anyway my question i was going to get the projector group buy from css.net (ill post up a link here bc the site is down) anyway do you think i should try to "bake" aftermarket lamps to get the lense off and paint the inside? (i want the color match and the tint for the top part)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.