2005 SS/sc - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation 2005 SS/sc

I have a 2005 cobalt ss/sc. I currently stored it for winter out side. starting it time a few times. well today i went to start it and the battery was dead. I put the charger on and jumped it . then it ran for about 2 seconds and shut off it did that 3 times. now its jsut turning over and over. seems like im not getting fuel or spark. F pump kicks on and i have fuel pressure. but my damn car is not starting can any one help me . .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 05:32 PM

security, security, security
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsstockrocket View Post
hey thanks ill check that out. i thought it was that passlock thing so i appriciate it. thanks

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrivickasSS View Post
I have a 2005 cobalt ss/sc. I currently stored it for winter out side. starting it time a few times. well today i went to start it and the battery was dead. I put the charger on and jumped it . then it ran for about 2 seconds and shut off it did that 3 times. now its jsut turning over and over. seems like im not getting fuel or spark. F pump kicks on and i have fuel pressure. but my damn car is not starting can any one help me . .....
look at your fuse box and see if your injector fuse is blown
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsstockrocket View Post
Same as what my Camaro did, if the passlock detects something wrong, it wont let the car start for like 5-10 minutes.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

keep em coming guys. i checked all the fuses and my fuel pump and everything kicks on is there so way to turn the pass lock off or like unhook the termals and touch them to reset it ? this really sucks. I just ordered fujita, findaza light flywheel, fx300 clutch and axles. To go alone with my 2.50 pulley, cryo2, 60 lb injectors, 4-2-1 long tube header. and i sure theres something else. and now i cant get the god damn thing started. any gm techs out there. Just keep the suggestions coming. I appiciate it ill let you guys and gals know what gets it fixxed! thanks agian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsRallyYellowSS View Post
Same as what my Camaro did, if the passlock detects something wrong, it wont let the car start for like 5-10 minutes.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 10:07 PM

I know some Hondas have to have a reprogram to get the radio going, but not to start the car... Shouldnt have to do that to the balt, I asked a chevy dealership that when I installed my CAI... Any PAL fuses burnt? you have to look close to them. They can look ok, but still be fried.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsRallyYellowSS View Post
I know some Hondas have to have a reprogram to get the radio going, but not to start the car... Shouldnt have to do that to the balt, I asked a chevy dealership that when I installed my CAI... Any PAL fuses burnt? you have to look close to them. They can look ok, but still be fried.
Yes take yellos advice had the samething happen and my injector fuse blowed then it caused a short in the fuel pump or something of that nature so make sure the fuses are perfect any questionable ones toss them and replace. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode