Wheels and Tire's Decision - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Wheels and Tire's Decision

I have been doing my research on wheels and tires for my car. I work for Discount Tire Company out of Dallas Texas. My car is Laser Blue but its not the SS. I;m having a hard time to find a car that matches the same color of mine and to find what color of wheel I could put on mine and would look good. I have looked at Rota's, Enkie, Drag wheels and a bunch of others. The wheel I have my eyes set on is a Enkie 17x7 4-100 J10 in a flat black. Its not a gloss black. I really dont if it would be worth it to send the wheel get a gloss coat on it or leave it a flat black. http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...bp=4-100*9-100 Here is a link ot the wheel. The other thing is tires. I know I want to stick with a 225-45-17 cause if I go any wider the tire will wear on the sohulders and not all the way smooth, due to the width of the wheel and tire no matter what I would set the air at. My choices of Tires are Kumho Spt, Kumho Asx or the BFG G-force Sport. I do get a good price on tires for myself. It all really comes dow to the price and comfort of the tire and how long I want the tire to last. I know the BFG will be the best for right but not last long. The Kumho's will give me a good ride and last longer and will be cheaper for me. The ride wont be as good as the BFG. I'm in a toss up. Should I spend $750 for Tires and wheels for Kumho or spend the extra $100 to BFG. What should I do. By the way I found this site from a car that came up to my store in Plano,Texas last week and wanted to see whats up. Let me know what your guy's imput is on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 12:21 AM

https://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6787

Check out the #8 car -similar rims as the pic you have
and #9- I love the rims on his, they have the shiny rivits around the lip. It is also gloss coated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in