Horn location - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Horn location

I am really tired of the whimpy horn that Chevy decided to put on the Cobalt SS, I mean come on it's pitiful. I've decided to get a new one and would just like to know where the horn is, I've got under the car, looked under the hood and can't seem to find it. Anyone know where it is?

I want to try not to tap into the electrical system because I don't want any questions at the dealership for warranty service. Also does anyone know where you can find a service manual for the SS on the web?

Thanks,

Kaleb

Last edited by Kaleb; 01-22-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 12:47 AM

The horn is located where right underneath your driver's side headlight assembly, pull out your headlight and then you should be able to reach it from there. or underneath your car, you could jack it up, and it's located right by your air intake.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I felt stupid asking that question, but now I know. Should be easy after that. Not sure where I'm going to mount the new one though. Probably behind the front bumper is where I'm thinking.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 01:06 AM

get one of those bull horns, funny as shit when a car goes "Mooooo!!!!!!!!!!"
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

That's hilarious, never thought of that. I'm going to put one of those 3 tone air horns on it, no not one of the diesel ones, one of the high pitched ones. I have one on my 77 Vega and love it. Bad thing is, I've got to run a relay. I hate running relays, sometimes the companies send the wrong wiring diagram and you have to figure out the relay circuits, and that can take a while. I didn't realize that it'd be that hard to get the headlamp out, I felt like I was going to break my front bumper. Easy to get back in though, weird.

Last edited by Kaleb; 01-23-2007 at 01:17 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
That's hilarious, never thought of that. I'm going to put one of those 3 tone air horns on it, no not one of the diesel ones, one of the high pitched ones. I have one on my 77 Vega and love it. Bad thing is, I've got to run a relay. I hate running relays, sometimes the companies send the wrong wiring diagram and you have to figure out the relay circuits, and that can take a while. I didn't realize that it'd be that hard to get the headlamp out, I felt like I was going to break my front bumper. Easy to get back in though, weird.
Holy shit! Pics???? I have a '76 I'm planning on restoring! I just need to find some taillamps, they are busted. I might just fabricate some vette lights in the rear. But anyways, I have te front clip ready to paint, need to do the unibody next. Im planning on stuffing a 327 in it. I still have the "Iron Duke" thats still in it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

I've actually got Corvette C5 taillights that I want to put in mine, I got lucky and got all four for 25 bucks on ebay. I've got a 350 bored +.030 in it, talk about a monster. Autometer gauges etc. If you want to see it, the website is www.hometown.aol.com/vegaman55 It is a little rough, I'm in law school so money's pretty tight right now, but soon it'll be nice. I don't have pictures of the radiator, or anything, those were recently installed, and I haven't taken pictures since then.

Last edited by Kaleb; 01-23-2007 at 12:59 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:55 PM

Hey Kaleb, you dont want to sell the stock taillights in your vega do you? I am very interested if you do!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

I might sell them, but I'd have to put in the C5 lights in. You'll be the first to know if I sell them.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
I might sell them, but I'd have to put in the C5 lights in. You'll be the first to know if I sell them.
Highly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode