Bulb swap - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Bulb swap

Today i swapped the bulbs out of my girls 05 Cobalt and for some reason the Driver side is working fine but the passanger side is very dim... I read the owners man and it says 9007LL the aftermaket bulbs are 9007 is this my problem or will that not matter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 10:05 PM

You must have gotten the bulbs from AutoZone or something, since I work there I see these everyday! LOL Not that that matters, but the "LL" only stands for "Long Life". The 9007LL will work for you. Make sure the prongs are not bent, and also make sure you didnt pick up a 9004LL by accident. The 9004 style is for most all fords and dodges. They will hook up in the 9007 socket, but wont perform like they suppose to. Hope this helps! Oh yeah, dont forget to use a little bit of di-electric grease in the socket, it prevents moisture from shorting out the circuit!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 10:09 PM

and dont use copper antiseize, heard of a guy that went through 5 o2 sensors cause the technician that was working on it kept putting that stuff on the socket hmmmmmmm i wonder why they kept failing

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsstockrocket View Post
and dont use copper antiseize, heard of a guy that went through 5 o2 sensors cause the technician that was working on it kept putting that stuff on the socket hmmmmmmm i wonder why they kept failing
OR..... It could have been an AUTOZONE part, since we never seem to get stuff right... LOL Just joking...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 03:29 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsRallyYellowSS View Post
OR..... It could have been an AUTOZONE part, since we never seem to get stuff right... LOL Just joking...
I hope you're just kidding about "just kidding." Just kidding. Although I did have a bad experience recently with Autozone getting a special order part wrong. Not really important to this forum since it was for my wife's ford. Yes, Yes! I know! Good news is that she will be converting to Chevy within the next few months. It's practically a done deal.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Ok i found the problem... the black wire running from the headlight bulb the the smaller side marker bulb in the headlight was pinched.. after hooking them back together it worked great... Thanks for the suggestions
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8_gt View Post
I hope you're just kidding about "just kidding." Just kidding. Although I did have a bad experience recently with Autozone getting a special order part wrong. Not really important to this forum since it was for my wife's ford. Yes, Yes! I know! Good news is that she will be converting to Chevy within the next few months. It's practically a done deal.
Praise to the chevy gods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode