victory_red_SS SEMA bound????? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up victory_red_SS SEMA bound?????

Well it isn't official but the expectation is that my car will be in Vegas for this years show. I was asked if I was interested at all in SEMA and I thought about it for all of .5 seconds. I just bought a race trailer last week and it will come in handy for the drive down. Being able to show the car to all the pro's will really be the icing on this project.
Next week the car will be torn apart so the complete sub 10 second chromoly cage can start going into the car. As well there will be a few necessary alterations to allow for the placement of some very strategic parts, which will all help me run under 10's in the 1/4. I know being vague really sucks guys and I would love to share all the details but the "tuner world" loves to keep their proprietary secrets until the last possible moment. Now for me (and the few guys I have shared the secret with) not telling whats up is almost killing me but the end is is near. It's not in sight but just around the corner.
And no guys my car will not be a trailer queen. I will use my trailer on track days, for carrying car\tires\parts\tools, as well as for taking the car to any shows (that may be interested in having my car there) and any long trips.
The other question I get at times is what I am doing for the interior. I don't really know as I have given Keith Losier (Desired Customs) a large amount of creative freedom when he makes the car "not" look like a race car inside.

05 Victory Red SS, RWD conversion, LSX, Procharger F-1R, Ford 9", Bigstuff3, NHRA 8.5 second chromoly frame/chassis/cage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 11:39 PM

"a real big secret weapon being designed"

I know what this means! RWD thank you man! i cant what to see the car!
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy_Teen View Post
"a real big secret weapon being designed"

I know what this means! RWD thank you man! i cant what to see the car!
shhhhhh it's a secret.
Now you are one of only 3 people to actually catch on.

05 Victory Red SS, RWD conversion, LSX, Procharger F-1R, Ford 9", Bigstuff3, NHRA 8.5 second chromoly frame/chassis/cage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Site Moderator

Send a message via AIM to joedashow Send a message via Yahoo to joedashow
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS View Post
shhhhhh it's a secret.
Now you are one of only 3 people to actually catch on.

CHICAGO CUBS - NINETY-NINE YEARS OF TRADITION

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Contributing User

i saw that before i even read the entire post. SWEET!
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Contributing User

seriously, the build sounds amazing. i really look forward to seeing the car done. i wish i had the resources to do something like what you have been doing. i hope you make it into sema. good luck and keep us updated.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Contributing User

i can't hold it in any longer, sorry victory red ss..

hey guys he's going to be putting a TYPE R intake on it !!!!!!!1
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfinfliction View Post
i can't hold it in any longer, sorry victory red ss..

hey guys he's going to be putting a TYPE R intake on it !!!!!!!1
Don't forget the extra 100hp, Type R badge

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 11:24 AM

well now it is out sort of. I kept my word to you Victory. the pressure is off me. thanks. Oh and due to your plans I think you should not hold back on drivetrain strength at all. I remember your build was to allow engine to be tuned to 80% of potential or 750WHP. Crank it up to 95%. you know you will want to do it on some days at the track (not for the street) LOL.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnipes View Post
well now it is out sort of. I kept my word to you Victory. the pressure is off me. thanks. Oh and due to your plans I think you should not hold back on drivetrain strength at all. I remember your build was to allow engine to be tuned to 80% of potential or 750WHP. Crank it up to 95%. you know you will want to do it on some days at the track (not for the street) LOL.
That has been what I have been pondering about for the last couple of weeks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in