Getting My New 06 SS/SC - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Getting My New 06 SS/SC

Hello everyone ! i just wanted to stop in and say great sight. I am going to pick up my 06 SS Sc ( blue ) with the G85 package tommorow! I can't wait , i am trading in my 03 Hyundai Tiburon GT ( v6 6speed ). I will miss the tibby. But, she is falling apart, that heavy pig ran a 14.9 at 94 mph at the strip. But i think the poor cars days are up. It needs almost $5000 in repairs . All mechanical. Tires, clutch, brakes, ball joints, fuel tank pressure valve, evap purge valve, door lock on drivers side and some other odds and ends. None the less i still love the car to death. It just is time for it to go. And im sure once i get the Cobalt tommorow i'll forget all about the tibby. So i have some REALLY stupid questions. Im new to the worls of forced induction boosted cars. What can i do to the SS to make it any faster. Such as blow off valves? cai ? and what not. Also, is there anything one can do to the car and super charger to make them last longer? like maybe synthetic oil ? I am buying the car used , but it only has 20,000km ( 10,000 miles approx ) . Thanks for all your feed back Guys and Gals !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 07:53 PM

Search around, you can find loads of info
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-SS/SC View Post
Hello everyone ! i just wanted to stop in and say great sight. I am going to pick up my 06 SS Sc ( blue ) with the G85 package tommorow! I can't wait , i am trading in my 03 Hyundai Tiburon GT ( v6 6speed ). I will miss the tibby. But, she is falling apart, that heavy pig ran a 14.9 at 94 mph at the strip. But i think the poor cars days are up. It needs almost $5000 in repairs . All mechanical. Tires, clutch, brakes, ball joints, fuel tank pressure valve, evap purge valve, door lock on drivers side and some other odds and ends. None the less i still love the car to death. It just is time for it to go. And im sure once i get the Cobalt tommorow i'll forget all about the tibby. So i have some REALLY stupid questions. Im new to the worls of forced induction boosted cars. What can i do to the SS to make it any faster. Such as blow off valves? cai ? and what not. Also, is there anything one can do to the car and super charger to make them last longer? like maybe synthetic oil ? I am buying the car used , but it only has 20,000km ( 10,000 miles approx ) . Thanks for all your feed back Guys and Gals !!!
My car has 10k also! Please dont take my mods in my sig. seriously, you might hurt yourself! Synthetic oil is standard in the car from the assembly line. CAI, go with whatever you want to choose from. I have the Typhoon (K&N) but I've heard good from Injen also. GM Stage 2 is a must, and to eliminate wheel hop, get the Ingals Torque Damper.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Contributing User

there is an internal bov. other types are used on turbo'd cars. but the basics, like john said.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 12:25 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-SS/SC View Post

Don't do it!!! Mazdaspeed3 or WRX FTW!!!

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to DC52NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasey13 View Post
Don't do it!!! Mazdaspeed3 or WRX FTW!!!

btw to the thread starter....BOV does not give you any power increase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode