Plugs - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 784
Plugs

OK i'm going a stage colder in plugs everyone tell me what you use. Is there a noticeable change?
suprchged is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 06:42 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Use the NGK BKR7E copper core,much better plug,and when your ready for a 2 step colder copper plug,NGK makes the non resistor racing plugs R5671A-8thery ,are a super plug
50yroldkid is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Contributing User
 
dervin3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lexington. Va
Posts: 434
Send a message via Yahoo to dervin3
yeah the BKR7Es are great plugs

2005 Victory Red Cobalt SS Supercharged
GM Performance Stage 2 kit with 2.9" Pulley
K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake
Corsa Touring Cat-Back Exhaust System
ZEX Plugs
Aeroforce Interceptor SS Edition Gauge
AEM UEGO Wideband A/F Gauge
Custom Engine Covers
DC Sports Strut Tower Bar
dervin3 is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Doc
Contributing User
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: P-Town, Va.
Posts: 818
gap them to .040 for your application and they should cost $1.77 each.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud DSLSJA Member
Doc is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 12:40 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 437
I currently run the NGKs. They are pretty good plugs. I have had them in for about a year.
They are starting to act up now though.
People with NGK experience are also telling me that they are great plugs but they don't last long. Roughly a year.

So I should be getting my Zex plugs in Wednesday. I'll let you know how they work. I hear great things about them.


Zex Plugs (82003-4)



NGK Plugs (BKR7E)


Last edited by CTCOBALTSSS; 03-06-2007 at 12:45 PM.
CTCOBALTSSS is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Contributing User
 
dervin3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lexington. Va
Posts: 434
Send a message via Yahoo to dervin3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS View Post
I currently run the NGKs. They are pretty good plugs. I have had them in for about a year.
They are starting to act up now though.
People with NGK experience are also telling me that they are great plugs but they don't last long. Roughly a year.

So I should be getting my Zex plugs in Wednesday. I'll let you know how they work. I hear great things about them.


Zex Plugs (82003-4)



NGK Plugs (BKR7E)

I've heard good stuff about the ZEX plugs also but I've had no problems with the NGKs and yeah the life isn't the greatest but changing plugs is like a 10 minute job so it don't bother me.

2005 Victory Red Cobalt SS Supercharged
GM Performance Stage 2 kit with 2.9" Pulley
K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake
Corsa Touring Cat-Back Exhaust System
ZEX Plugs
Aeroforce Interceptor SS Edition Gauge
AEM UEGO Wideband A/F Gauge
Custom Engine Covers
DC Sports Strut Tower Bar
dervin3 is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by dervin3 View Post
I've heard good stuff about the ZEX plugs also but I've had no problems with the NGKs and yeah the life isn't the greatest but changing plugs is like a 10 minute job so it don't bother me.
Yeah exactly. They are cheap and easy to install.

So in the end it pretty much just comes down to NGK and Zex. Either one is good.

I'm curious to see how these Zex plugs work. I'll let everyone know.
I like the 3 electrode design on the Zex plugs as apposed to the single on the NGKs.
CTCOBALTSSS is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS View Post
Yeah exactly. They are cheap and easy to install.

So in the end it pretty much just comes down to NGK and Zex. Either one is good.

I'm curious to see how these Zex plugs work. I'll let everyone know.
I like the 3 electrode design on the Zex plugs as apposed to the single on the NGKs.
Is there a performance increase?? and any pointer on wht you do to change plugs
suprchged is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:43 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchged View Post
Is there a performance increase?? and any pointer on wht you do to change plugs
Hold on before you start buying plugs... If you go to rockingham, I'll give you my BKR7E plugs. I had them in for about 10 miles, but I personally didnt like the way they performed. Maybe It was just me, but I did go with the 5305 Iridium plugs, I seen a nominal difference in throttle response with them.
JohnsRallyYellowSS is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:45 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,649
oh yeah, a 10mm socket and a 5/8" plug socket with a long extention and you've got em out. Save for the T30 cover bolts.
JohnsRallyYellowSS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spark Plugs fastfour Performance Modifications 11 11-19-2007 10:10 PM
Spark Plugs chevycobaltowner Performance Modifications 27 11-10-2007 09:02 PM
Spark Plugs fastfour General Discussion 0 12-23-2006 01:06 AM
Spark plugs ScreaminSS Performance Modifications 7 07-09-2006 03:28 PM
Plugs dervin3 General Discussion 3 07-13-2005 12:37 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome