update on car info - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

update on car info

Quote:
wasey13

Hey whats up self? long time no see. First off W3RD! to what you said above.

Second how is that turbo Cobalt running, I don't remember if it was yours or someone elses???
it's running pretty good now. we're just waiting on the track to open now. last year we were able to pull a 12 second run while having some seious bogging issues, my dad's shop brought a guy up from atlanta that does some of his turbo mustang tuning programming and he worked another 40whp out of the tune and fixed the bogging. i usually don't post much anymore because everything that is said in the forum is shot down and there's alot of people that try to get you to prove to them you're doing this or that... so there were only a few people that knew i was working on this, but i guess since the track is opening soon i can release the numbers...

403whp/7500rpm/around 27 psi not counting spikes with a gt-k 450 snail and water injection (we just put water injection on about 2 weeks ago cause the air charge temps were getting pretty high by third gear)

this is almost 70whp more than we got out of that horrendous attempt at a blower swap that ended up costing me 5 grand, and this route was cheaper even with paying the guy to come up and do the tuning. we might do nitrous, but not sure yet because we weren't expecting this much power from just the turbo.

and to end this for all the haters: no i won't post you any pictures, no i won't post you my dyno, or any project pictures, i might be nice enough to post a video of a track run, but i'm not sure yet... maybe i'll post a timeslip, who knows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 05:53 AM
Contributing User

Stock motor???

Hitting full boost around 4200 or higher???

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 07:29 AM

sounds like he did engine internals too. the connecting rods woulda snapped by now...

thats awsome man! is that a 2.2l?
im not a hater, im happy you did it. i think your fastest around from what i seen.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Contributing User

Not doubting, but I am curious to see how the engine bay looks... Don't feel pressured if you really don't want to post.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 10:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Well bein that he said his blower SWAP didnt work out like he hoped Im assuming (we all know what happens when ya do that) he has a 2.0L Sounds like a hell of a ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasey13 View Post
Stock motor???

Hitting full boost around 4200 or higher???
got new pistons, still using the stock rods, cams, head etc... it's reaching 25-26 psi somewhere between 3900-4000rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Off View Post
sounds like he did engine internals too. the connecting rods woulda snapped by now...

thats awsome man! is that a 2.2l?
im not a hater, im happy you did it. i think your fastest around from what i seen.

it's a 2.0, i'm definitely not the fastest, there's a dude that comes to the strip with a 600hp 2.2 cobalt that pulls low 11's consistantly, i don't think he's hit a 10 yet, but our local track is pretty strict with the rules on cars that pull 10's, so he might just be sandbagging it.

i'll be lucky to hit 11.50's with me driving, that's why i'm gonna let my brother run it for a few weeks since he has alot more experience than me with fwd's at the track.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfinfliction View Post
got new pistons, still using the stock rods, cams, head etc... it's reaching 25-26 psi somewhere between 3900-4000rpm.

it's a 2.0, i'm definitely not the fastest, there's a dude that comes to the strip with a 600hp 2.2 cobalt that pulls low 11's consistantly, i don't think he's hit a 10 yet, but i don't go to the track every weekend.

i'll be lucky to hit 11.50's with me driving, that's why i'm gonna let my brother run it for a few weeks since he has alot more experience than me with fwd's at the track.
Good deal, that is good spool up for a 2.0l. Good luck to you and your bro at that track.

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 08:43 AM

Man thats rad as hell. Does the turbo sit nicely back there. therr is quite a bit of room, or did you have to cut some? Either way that a killer project. Is it still street legal?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:51 AM

im willin to bet that its not street legal.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Off View Post
im willin to bet that its not street legal.
oh it's street legal, except for the emissions. i have a 3" pipe that is about as long as the stock downpipe.. that's the whole exhaust lol... the only piece on it is a turn down, which i don't really like cause it blows up dust when sitting still. maybe one day i'll put a straight pipe going out the back, but who knows, i change my mind so much i might end up trying to do a dual side exit exhaust of some sort.. the pipe and turn down were much cheaper and easier though lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode