Bad News - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Bad News

Ok i was drving to day and got on my car, (I know my sig says diff i havent changed it, but i got the E3 plugs they are not colder or nothing just a better stock plug. But i dont think this is my problem). Iit was good until i started to get on it in second when it started missing BAD. i could hear the spark plugs firing off but there was no fuel. So i dropped it off to the dealer tonigt hopeing they'll get it fixed tomo. The drive to the dealer was abour 30 miles. The check engine never came on either. So i think i need a reflash or something it didnt miss until i hit boost. So i think my fuel delivery is off. I hope i didnt fry any piston but hey its under warranty. Has anyone had his type of problem or any opinion on what it might be???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:48 PM

Sounds like bad gas. I mean, if it was misfiring, the knock sensor would retard the timing, and if it still commenced, then throw a light.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

that what i was thinking, but still i dont like it when shit like that happens. oh i painted the inserts of my shifter red ill post up a pick... I cant make it to the rock everyone backed out on me.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:55 PM

aahhhh damn...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:56 PM

im fixing to get off here in about 3 min. try to make it dude! We need a lot of people there to bust some honda ass!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsRallyYellowSS View Post
im fixing to get off here in about 3 min. try to make it dude! We need a lot of people there to bust some honda ass!!!
I would but thats a long ass way for a loner. I may come. But there is all summer so its not the only missed oportunity. you think i fried any pistons??
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Contributing User

Operator error. J/K but please bitch and moan.

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchged View Post
Ok i was drving to day and got on my car, (I know my sig says diff i havent changed it, but i got the E3 plugs they are not colder or nothing just a better stock plug. But i dont think this is my problem). Iit was good until i started to get on it in second when it started missing BAD. i could hear the spark plugs firing off but there was no fuel. So i dropped it off to the dealer tonigt hopeing they'll get it fixed tomo. The drive to the dealer was abour 30 miles. The check engine never came on either. So i think i need a reflash or something it didnt miss until i hit boost. So i think my fuel delivery is off. I hope i didnt fry any piston but hey its under warranty. Has anyone had his type of problem or any opinion on what it might be???

now not to be an ass but how do you hear the plugs igniting and know its not getting fuel w/o a fuel pressure guage
im just curious
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsstockrocket View Post
now not to be an ass but how do you hear the plugs igniting and know its not getting fuel w/o a fuel pressure guage
im just curious
Well I was speculating becuase you could hear clicking as in firing but i got it fixed and actually one of the plugs had fouled
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:33 PM

a little info for you
the clicking you hear is the fuel injectors opening and closing
and the only way i know to check if it has spark would be to pull off one of the coils and test it w/ a spark tester
and did the dealer say why it fouled the plug
because if its fouled, its fouled for a reason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode