Street Tuner Challenge on Speed Channel!! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 111
Exclamation Street Tuner Challenge on Speed Channel!!

New season featuring Cobaltss/sc,SkylineGTR,MKV Jetta.Can't wait to see how the cobalt turns out.
07Redline is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Contributing User
 
wasey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 2,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Redline View Post
New season featuring Cobaltss/sc,SkylineGTR,MKV Jetta.Can't wait to see how the cobalt turns out.
This isn't new, unless they are using the same cars??

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com
wasey13 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 111
Okay guess i've just been out of it for awhile who wins then
07Redline is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Contributing User
 
wasey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 2,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Redline View Post
Okay guess i've just been out of it for awhile who wins then
GMPP brings their time attack balt. And whoops up on the stock GTR, the modded GTR breaks.

They compete at the first Redline Time Attack at Buttonwillow, CA (not too far from me) the Cobalt takes 1st overall beating everybody AWD and RWD unlimited cars too. BUT, One thing that really does not make sense is the first rule for redline time attack is NO NITROUS! And the Time Attack Balt had A LOT of nitrous.

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com
wasey13 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 111
Well thats cool but they shouldn't have used n2o and cheated not cool
07Redline is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 10:02 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasey13 View Post
GMPP brings their time attack balt. And whoops up on the stock GTR, the modded GTR breaks.

They compete at the first Redline Time Attack at Buttonwillow, CA (not too far from me) the Cobalt takes 1st overall beating everybody AWD and RWD unlimited cars too. BUT, One thing that really does not make sense is the first rule for redline time attack is NO NITROUS! And the Time Attack Balt had A LOT of nitrous.
Also, if you did notice, the balt was totally stripped of the interior and GM backed 100% of the bolt ons/ modifications. So, it wasnt like the cobalt was going out and having to fabricate their own stuff on the fly. The Cobalt also was only like 3 seconds off beating the record time. I guarantee you couldnt just put a street equipped car on the track and do that, not even mine and I have a few mods. But knowing Wasey, that mo-fo could probably beat the track time by 10+ seconds. Woops, I mean if he had a GTO he could put 10+ car lenghts on the fastest car.
JohnsRallyYellowSS is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Contributing User
 
wasey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 2,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsRallyYellowSS View Post
Also, if you did notice, the balt was totally stripped of the interior and GM backed 100% of the bolt ons/ modifications. So, it wasnt like the cobalt was going out and having to fabricate their own stuff on the fly. The Cobalt also was only like 3 seconds off beating the record time. I guarantee you couldnt just put a street equipped car on the track and do that, not even mine and I have a few mods. But knowing Wasey, that mo-fo could probably beat the track time by 10+ seconds. Woops, I mean if he had a GTO he could put 10+ car lenghts on the fastest car.
Also they relocated suspension points, new tranny, new axles. It is a BADASS car!

THE LIST too hot to handle on Cobaltss.com
wasey13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cobalt SS Supercharged Wins Time Attack on 'Street Tuner Challenge' dascrow Cobalt SS News 4 10-27-2005 10:10 AM
Cobalt SS Supercharged Wins Time Attack on 'Street Tuner Challenge' sccaGTO General Discussion 11 10-07-2005 04:22 PM
Anyone watch Street Tuner Challenge tomt5078 General Discussion 20 08-04-2005 08:46 PM
Cobalt on Speed Channel tonight! lnwlf General Discussion 6 07-12-2005 09:26 AM
Speed Channel Now rockstr3 General Discussion 7 04-21-2005 11:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome