Hole In Floormats plz post if youve had issue - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to emperorjj1 Send a message via MSN to emperorjj1
Exclamation Hole In Floormats plz post if youve had issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok well i was having concerns with my floormats deteriorating so i asked my dealership to replace and they said gm doesnt cover wear under any circumstance. I called the chevy hotline and they said it should be covered under bumper to bumper so i went back and me and the sevice manager called the hotline again and talked to someone about the issue anyway its now being reviewed as i escalated it to a DMM (not sure what that means but i may have givin up the dealerships offer that they would pay for half) So im expecting a call on tuesday after the issue is reviewed. Im not sure what they are going to decide but id like a list of people with similar issues and if it was warrentied where they got it done at. Please include the info below if youve had a issue

Name:
Cobalt year and model:
Transmission Type:
Length of time you had the car before you noticed carpet start to deteriate:
If you had them replaced under a warrenty... dealer name and location where you got the new mats:

Thanks guys i will be sure to pass the info on to gm on tuesday and hopefully anyone with current floor mat problems can get new ones (also if any gm or redline or what not is having issues post up and ill see what they say)

I have this posted on the .net and id prefer to have a single list so i can give gm the one url so plz post the info there but if you dont have .net or dont want to post there i will add any names listed here on the .net

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

J. J

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FIRST DUAL ALTERNATOR COBALT SS/SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 08:54 PM

I used a heavier floormat (Chevrolet logo) and cut a small hole in the rear where it has the little hook to keep from getting the floor mats dirty, its a natural thing thats going to happen. Good luck gettin them replaced.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 06:30 PM

dude it's a floormat, they're like $20. that's like going to the dealer and trying to make them buy you new windshield wipers

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to emperorjj1 Send a message via MSN to emperorjj1
if i had a brand new car off the lot and the wipers were fucked id do to the dealer too.

Honestly im just trying to let gm no of a simple problem with the car that needs to be fixed. I mean seriously if someone got a cobalt which was their first chevy or first domestic car and within months somethig little like this started happening they might look down on the brand itself. If gm doesnt listen to this problem (which if you check the thread on .net its ovious its a problem with many cobalts) then it will be ovious that gm doesnt care about their product rolling off the line.

J. J

FIRST DUAL ALTERNATOR COBALT SS/SC
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorjj1 View Post
if i had a brand new car off the lot and the wipers were fucked id do to the dealer too.

Honestly im just trying to let gm no of a simple problem with the car that needs to be fixed.
yeah that's a great idea, make sure you complain to your dealership about the cheap, replacable parts and give them a hard time by reporting them. THEN, when you throw a rod or something else major, go back to the dealer and see how nice they are

don't pester the dealerships with that crap man, you're just screwing yourself in the long run.

Last edited by selfinfliction; 04-10-2007 at 08:59 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 08:13 PM

Yeah, seriously, take it from me. I have been in retail for too long now, and the more you pester someone with little or minute shit, then it WILL come back to bite you in the ass. A floormat is a disposible item, thats why they arent fixed into the floor, they are removable. If your dissappointed about the quality of a GM flloormat, I hear that Honduhs have some pretty fast interiors.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 11:16 PM

+1 Rally

I have worn a spot in my driver mat where the heal of my right foot is. I dont expect them to replace it, lol
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 11:35 PM

dude, that is the point of the floormats ... to keep the holes from going straight into your carpets. your just going to piss off your dealership by making a big deal over the issue. just go out and buy a cheap pair at autozone or something like that. the stock ones are cloth, so with your foot always being in the same spot of course it's going to wear a hole in them. just giving you a heads up man.

good luck with that.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 12:38 PM

On my floor mats below the clutch you can see see where its really worn also under the gas pedal too. If I want to replace it I'll just buy some new ones somewhere, its not like chevy used some high quality material same thing would happen if I get them replaced at the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode