srt4 driver in nedd of help - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

srt4 driver in nedd of help

ok so last night i was messing arouns in my car well i have no idea what i did but i mess something up. my boyfriend has a 07 cobalt an he said he dont know what it could be. ok so heres the problem, my turbo is spoiling but it is not boosting the bov isnt going off nothing. so for those of you who are mechanics or know about srts please help me! my srt forum some how banned me an i just signed up last night an posted the same thing as i put in here..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 02:56 PM

They can help you here: www.srtforums.com

oh, i didn't see that you were banned.. I am a member over there.. I'll post on your behalf and get back to you tomorrow
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 02:58 PM

to me it sounds like you are leaking boost. check all the vacuum lines for holes/cracks

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 03:20 PM

yeah.. i would check to make sure that the turbo is sucurely siliconed on. and if not, you should remove all bolts between the turbo and manifold and then use silicon to hold it tight.

if that doesn't work, you could try calling a priest to throw some holy water on it and bless it. errr..... maybe you should do that after the silicone fix, because it will definitely need some holy water to work after that
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 06:12 PM

I have had the same problems before with my srt-4. You have a vacum line off somewhere or i know it did the same thing when my upper intercooler pipe came loose from the intercooler. Are you pushing more then stock boost? I pop off vacum lines at least once a month, but im pushing 20psi. Eitherway I would check all of your vacum lines and your upper intercooler pipe(but i ahve only had problems with aftermarket onces popping off, never had a problem with the stock one).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 08:34 PM

Do you have the Mopar BOV? I heard they tend to leak boost.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 06:54 AM

it seems that you have a boost leak somewhere. i am good friends with the CSC, Chicago SRT4 club and they would probably be willing to help too. Otherwise, ^^^ go to the national srt4 boards too. they would help more than us S/Charged peep =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode