Cobalts SS banner

g85 vs reg ss/sc

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  domin8_gt 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I am new to the forum, posted in the NEW PPL part but didnt get any responses.
Ill introduce myself, Name is Tim, im 18, freshman in college and currently drive a 2007 Ram 1500 Quad Cab..loaded chrome 20's etc etc...
long story short it's a lemon...getting taken back*hopefully soon* from chrysler.
Previous vehicles:
2002 Jetta 1.8T, minor mods
2001 Miata LS
1998 Blazer LT

I am looking at a 2006 SS/SC G85. It's got 33k on it and they want $14,995.
How does that price sound?

Also how important is the G85 package. I like the Recaro seats and the fact that it has the limited slip but does it really make that much of a difference.
I have found other SS/SC's that dont have the package at a lower price and since my truck is still in the driveway i cant pick up the cobalt yet, im assuming the silver one g85 that i love is going to get sold :-(

if i cannot find another g85 at a decent price is the reg ss/sc just fine.
Will be driving it back and fourth to school about 250 miles round trip on the freeway and then fun driving around town.

Others that im interested in:
-Buddies 2006 G6 GTP 6spd manual-foose rims complete MTX sound system w/2 15" and components
-Mazdaspeed 3...would be a lease tho(not sure if i wana lease again)
-2008 SRT4 (weary to get another dodge...and again lease)

Thanks guys!
-Tim

See less See more
#2 ·
I would go with either or of the cobalt, You can always set your typical sc/ss up to your need's and standard's!. Or just Hang in there till the 08 turbo charged cobalt comes out. But price's for the g85 and regular s/c cobalt is cheaper, Just be happy that your finding them that cheap, I have yet to find a used one, under 16,000 here in Maryland. Let me know how thing's go, love to hear how you went about it.

#3 ·
Was not important to me, the limited slip is nice but you can work w/ not having one. As for the new SRT's, why? God awefully nasty imo, I have nothing against dodge, well I do hate them but I did like the neon based SRT but the Caliber is just yuck. To big for my liking I guess.

Good luck w/ your truck though and all that crap, hope to see ya on here w/ a SS :)

#4 ·
Same here, the caliber is practical if you need to haul more than 1-2 people at a time, or if you have kids.

#5 ·
Unless you really like the seats don't let G85 be the deciding factor, the limited slip is almost wortless unless the car is tracked everyday.

As for pricing the dealership I traded my car into sold it for $14,500. It was a 2005 SS/SC with 12,000miles and Stage 2.

#7 ·
I bought my 2006 Cobalt knowing nothing about them. I guess I was lucky that it had everything except OnStar. My 2007 doesn't have an LSD. I find it much easier to get out of the snow piles the plows push next to the 2006 due to LSD than I do the 2007. Keep in the 2006 is supercharged and the 2007 isn't, but both are SS's with 5 speeds. I think that speaks volumes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.