Cobalts SS banner

Check Engine Light Again

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Lonewholf 
#1 ·
My check engine light came on again when I was leaving work. This is the second time that this as happened (CHECK ENGINE LIGHT) but the third time it as been had to get worked on at the dealership. The first time it was something to do with the wireing to a fan I will keep you posted on it to tell you what is wrong with it this time. Also it must seem pretty bad when you go a dealership and the service manger knows your name too lol lol...

#2 ·
BizoCG said:
My check engine light came on again when I was leaving work. This is the second time that this as happened (CHECK ENGINE LIGHT) but the third time it as been had to get worked on at the dealership. The first time it was something to do with the wireing to a fan I will keep you posted on it to tell you what is wrong with it this time. Also it must seem pretty bad when you go a dealership and the service manger knows your name too lol lol...
Yeap man that sucks alot. Well good luck with it.

#4 ·
Last week I was just beginning to head out on a nice long drive to Atlanta, GA (about 8 hours) when my CEL came on for the first time (and probably not the last). I didn't get the "reduced power" message like others on here have had, but it definately was running extremely rough, almost undrivable. I headed straight for the dealer and after a 3 hour wait, they told me they couldn't find anything wrong and the light must have reset itself because they couldn't get a reading from it. So I went on up to Atlanta hoping it wouldn't start acting up again.

Made it there without anymore problems, except that the next morning my friend's wife backed into it while backing out of the driveway! :mad:

And to add to all that I got the e-brake light coming on randomly while I was driving back home, just as others here have had.

The first two months were great (except the flat tire after only the first 5 days), but this last month has sucked!

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
BizoCG said:
What the heck does that have to do to what you replyed too??? Get a clue man..
*edited quote as well - CoBIZZLE*

Where are the moderators for this one?? There is no need for this kind of vulgar language :mad: I guess someone didn't pay attention to the rules;

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Cobalt SS Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Cobalt SS Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Cobalt SS Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

#10 ·
If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

I never saw that when I "Registered" maybe you should put that in BIG print!!

#12 ·
Anyways back to the "THREAD" I got my SS back today and they are going to have to put in a new part on Thursday I didnt get any paper work back but I will post and tell you peps what went really wrong and what they have to replace....

Peace out,

#14 ·
Ok guys, I was at work and missed a lil of this (blame 87 ;) )but yall try to keep it calm and watch the language alright? If emotions get too high, just dont even reply to this post anymore. Not tryin to be a bad guy to anybody, just tryin to keep the peace. I like all of you guys, so play nice okay?

#15 ·
CoBIZZLE said:
Ok guys, I was at work and missed a lil of this (blame 87 ;) )but yall try to keep it calm and watch the language alright? If emotions get too high, just dont even reply to this post anymore. Not tryin to be a bad guy to anybody, just tryin to keep the peace. I like all of you guys, so play nice okay?
Why blame me??? :) ;)

#17 ·
BizoCG said:
How old are you Lonewholf cant your eyes cant that language!!!
Bizo for your information I am 44, and after 14 years military, and 12 years(so far) with the Department of Justice, I probably have a dirtier mouth then anyone on here. The difference is I will do it face to face, and not in some text where it is hard to tell what emotions are involved. I have been on quite a few forums, and I know that one of the first things that will usually drive potential members away, is foul language.
I have nothing against you, but your statement to mken took me by surprise especially since he was replying to your original post to begin with, and then I tried to make lite of the situation..
Didn't mean to step on any toes, just putting my 2 cents in..
Now lets all have a big group hug, and get back to talking about our cars ;) :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.