Cobalts SS banner

ny cobalts

5K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Badg1rl 
#1 ·
any cobalts in the lower ny or northern/central nj area? i've only seen one ss around me but the guy doesn't seem to be all that friendly. i wanted to take a look at one of these cars up close and personal, i have yet to get a chance to. i would love to see you guys at the track, i've been out a lot the last month or two and have yet to see a cobalt out.

so is there anyone around here?

#2 ·
I got an 05 Blue SS S/C

I live in Edison / Woodbridge Area (10 off turnpike, 130 off parkway) driving it all the time... (I hope I wasn't the ahole you saw lol)

Anyone else in the central jersey area wanna setup a meeting?

-Rich

#3 ·
I have a 05 red SS i live in dutchess county NY about 1hr north of NYC

#4 ·
i live in hamilton, nj... right outside of trenton (central jersey at it's best)... i have an '05 red ss/sc. hey astrocrep, been to white castle lately? i go to edison once in a while to hit up the white castle on route 1. where are you at psi chick?

#6 ·
i'm in ny, in westchester county/bronx. but i'm in jersey quite a bit as we have a lot of srt's down there and have meets all weekend.

quite a few of us srt owners have wanted to meet up with the cobalt guys for a while. we don't like all the fighting that goes on and we really think that we should all get along and hangout together. we would love for you guys to come out to one of our weekly meets in jersey!

please come and say hello, we would love to meet up! we're at avaition plaza in linden every saturday night. we meet up anywhere from 7-8pm until 11 or 12. i hope to see you guys out there!

#9 ·
i won't be able to show up any time this month as it's the first month i'm at college and i don't have a job yet, so i can't get a parking permit yet (at rowan you have to show paystubs every two weeks to get a parking permit as a freshman). but i'd def be down to go and hang out, so far the srt guys around here are real a-holes and none of them'll chat with me. i can't even get a race out of them (even though i know i'll get beat) but that's just the arrogance of most of the people around where i live. snobby rich kids.

#11 ·
I know where the aviation plaza is... you guys meet every saturday, how big of a gathering do you get? What do you do... just pop your hoods and walk around and check out the cars?

Sounds like fun, I am gonna try to make it out there with my blue ss/sc.

-Rich

#12 ·
we get anywhere from 10-20 cars on a typical saturday. we've had as many as 30 or more, from nj, ny, and pa. we usually hang out for a while bsing and looking at each other's cars, and then we'll go into applebee's and get something to eat if people want. although chevy's opened up so i think we might try there one of these weeks.

#15 ·
Hey is it mainly just srt4s? Or do you get a variety of cars to show up? My friend has a celica GTS w/ intake and exhaust... not really in our class (though I could barely be considered in yours)... gonna see if he wants to come out. Also I got another friend with a '91 Camaro with a 351 swap. But I am pretty sure hes working.

Thanks, and see you on saturday.

-Rich

P.S. I know where the aviation plaza is, will I see you guys when I roll up or are you off to the side or something?

#16 ·
we're usually parked in front of the applebee's, a number of rows back. you'll see us, we all line up. it's like a skittle convention lol.

it is mainly srt's that show up, but we welcome anyone who loves their car and isn't an ass to come hang out. we have a few people that come on a regular basis that don't own srt's, and there are always various cars stopping by. we even have a cop in a wrx that comes to hang out! so bring your friends along, they're more than welcome to say hello!

#17 ·
Ah that sucks i live on longisland in nassau county with a red ss i only really go to newjersey to go to english town or greatadventures. theres bunch of cobalts on the island but where really not banded together like the srt-4's are around here. Hell im starting to think im the only one who reaces my cobalt outta the 8 iv'e met.

#19 ·
Just to let ppl know, the aviation plaze meet was cool. Everyone was nice, saw a lot of sweet rides. Met Mike from Psi-fi, and got to ride in his Psi-Fi'd Redline... its was friggin fast! Thanks guys for letting an outsider chill. See you all again in a week or two.

-Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.