Anyone from northern cali?? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to deanh8 Send a message via Yahoo to deanh8
Anyone from northern cali??

Bay area here. anyone from up north? I haven't seen any ss's on the road

8.3 @ 88mph 1/8 mile.
13.2 @ 96mph 1/4 mile
Blew T.B. Gasket, Coolant Caused car to shut down after half track

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to DC52NV
i'm more northern than southern cali so i guess i can post here. yeah, i've never seen an SS over here. my co-worker wanted to buy an SS but they said the closest one they found was in arizona. so she just settled for the sedan. i see lots of sedans over here.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 08:41 PM
KSE

I'm in SoCal (the better side of cali) and have yet to see one! I've seen 2 sedans and that was like a month ago, on the same day. LOL

Anyone know how many SS's are actually here in cali?

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to DC52NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE
I'm in SoCal (the better side of cali) and have yet to see one! I've seen 2 sedans and that was like a month ago, on the same day. LOL

Anyone know how many SS's are actually here in cali?
i was born in socal. long beach to be exact. i don't think cali has any SS's over here. my co-worker had the dealership call all dealerships to find the closest dealer that had an SS and they couldn't find one.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 09:29 PM
KSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC52NV
i was born in socal. long beach to be exact. i don't think cali has any SS's over here. my co-worker had the dealership call all dealerships to find the closest dealer that had an SS and they couldn't find one.
I think due to SO many people here in cali, they waited till AFTER the employee discount ended. Do you know how mnay people here in cali would be ALL OVER THAT ???

If I was a dealer, that's exactly what I would have done!

I expect them to come in soon now that summer is here, and the discount is over. Plus, I'm sure when they DO roll into cali, they'll roll in HUGE numbers. Just look at how many chevy dealers we have..
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to deanh8 Send a message via Yahoo to deanh8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE
I think due to SO many people here in cali, they waited till AFTER the employee discount ended. Do you know how mnay people here in cali would be ALL OVER THAT ???

If I was a dealer, that's exactly what I would have done!

I expect them to come in soon now that summer is here, and the discount is over. Plus, I'm sure when they DO roll into cali, they'll roll in HUGE numbers. Just look at how many chevy dealers we have..
I have seen 2 coupes.. no SS. all together, and a few sedans.

Only SS I seen was at a dealer in daily city a few weeks ago. All black SS. Supercharger looked tiny..

It was a cool car though

8.3 @ 88mph 1/8 mile.
13.2 @ 96mph 1/4 mile
Blew T.B. Gasket, Coolant Caused car to shut down after half track

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 09:27 PM

Sighted and driven!

Well, I drove the first SS for sale at a dealership on the west coast. My father works for Chevrolet at a dealership in St. Helena, CA (Just north of Napa, 1.5 hours from SF) I've been telling him for months that I want to drive one as soon as they hit the showroom.

So today he calls me to let him know they're taking one off the truck right now, and that I better get down to give it a spin because the car is basically sold already. The sales manager was a bit nervous because this is the 2nd SS to be given to a west coast dealership. The first was given away at some contest in Socal.

I get down there as soon as I finish up my business in town, and get to the dealership. It's GREY! Ugh, what an ugly color. Anyways, the thing looks gorgeous, besides my dislike of the color. I get the keys from the sales guy and take it for a spin. There were 9 miles on it when I got in, now there are 36. :-)

I wasn't too tough on it, because I knew I wouldn't be buying one today...The thing is a little stiff suspension wise, but feels real good and pulls well. I handed the keys back off, took some pictures from my phone, and told him to call me when he gets one in black.

88DT
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 09:39 PM
KSE

OMFG... you took it for a joy ride?

I hope the buyer comes on here and reads this one day....

That would be fuckn classic
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE
OMFG... you took it for a joy ride?

I hope the buyer comes on here and reads this one day....

That would be fuckn classic
I didn't get on it very hard....and besides, I do plan on buying one eventually.
But yeah, it was a nice experience. When someone else in town gets one, I'll be test driving theirs too.

88DT
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:29 PM

My gf has one in SoCal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode