07/09 Fontana street legals - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

07/09 Fontana street legals

Anyone going this saturday?

STREET LEGAL RACES

WHO: Street Legal racers, spectators and media

WHAT: Racing for all street legal cars. Cars must be registered and insured for racing on the street and must have proof as such. All cars must have mufflers.

WHEN: Saturday, July 9, 2005

WHERE: California Speedway, 9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana The quarter-mile California Dragway is located in Parking Lot 1 behind the speedway’s main grandstands.

TIME: Gates open at 12:00 pm. Tickets go on sale 2:00 pm. Tech inspection begins at 2:00 pm. Racing begins at 4:00 pm. (All times are subject to change) ARRIVE EARLY – 1st 400 CARS ONLY.

COST: General admission tickets are $10 per person. Children 12 and under are free. Participants - $20

NOTES: All racers must be at least 16 and have a valid driver’s license. Anyone 16 & 17 years of age must have parental (both parents) permission to race. Those forms are available at the Speedway office. If the parents are not present, the original form must be notarized. Cars are limited to 10 seconds. All faster may not race at this event.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:41 PM
KSE

I went down there not too long ago with a bunch of socal mustang people. This Saturday huh? I think I'll check it out. I'll take my lil brother again, he loved it last time.

Wont race though, lol... 16 sec passes are emabarrassing

ps. where in socal are you? I'll drive there witcha if you dont mind and you're close by me
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
What about SRT-4's they come with straight pipes. Will they not be allowed to run since they have no mufflers? If that is the case, then thats retarded cause they are street legal and come out of the box that way!?!?!?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE
I went down there not too long ago with a bunch of socal mustang people. This Saturday huh? I think I'll check it out. I'll take my lil brother again, he loved it last time.

Wont race though, lol... 16 sec passes are emabarrassing

ps. where in socal are you? I'll drive there witcha if you dont mind and you're close by me
I am coming from the other direction(Yucaipa). That sucks about your last time out there. I gave up running on street tires a long time ago.

If my slicks fit you are more than welcome to try them out.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBIZZLE
What about SRT-4's they come with straight pipes. Will they not be allowed to run since they have no mufflers? If that is the case, then thats retarded cause they are street legal and come out of the box that way!?!?!?!

They don't say anything about it. They mainly just listen to see if they are to loud. I have ran cat-less and muffler-less there and they didn't say anything.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:48 PM
KSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow4dr
I am coming from the other direction(Yucaipa). That sucks about your last time out there. I gave up running on street tires a long time ago.

If my slicks fit you are more than welcome to try them out.
Oh ok, well then I'll HOPEFULLY see ya there.

Last time I went there, I didn't race, infact, the Jetta hasn't been on the track. I'm VW kinda guy and KNOW the potential of my car. 16 second passes are pretty much all it's good for lol.. even with slicks.. but thanks for the offer.

2000 VW Jetta 2.slo 5spd
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE
Oh ok, well then I'll HOPEFULLY see ya there.

Last time I went there, I didn't race, infact, the Jetta hasn't been on the track. I'm VW kinda guy and KNOW the potential of my car. 16 second passes are pretty much all it's good for lol.. even with slicks.. but thanks for the offer.

2000 VW Jetta 2.slo 5spd

Look for the license plate that matches my S/N if you go.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:54 PM
KSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow4dr

Look for the license plate that matches my S/N if you go.
will do.. what color will I be looking for first?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Better'n the S-10!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 05:21 PM
KSE

If I go, I'll be sure to get you on camera and post it here for everyone to envy... if you don't mind of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode