Will the Cobalt get a mid-cycle enhancement? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Will the Cobalt get a mid-cycle enhancement?

Quote:
From Autoblog:
Chippin64, a member of the LayitLow.com forum, is down in Atlanta, GA right now for a Chevy Impala commercial shoot, the product of which will air around mid-February. Apparently Chippin64's ride, presumably a classic Impala, is being used in the commercial. While hanging around the set, however, he's been taking hundreds of pictures and posting them on the forum. We are particularly interested in one shot, which was caught by Josh Oliver over at TheGMSource.com. The lone pic shows a heavily modified Cobalt with a big rear wing, wide-body kit and, most importantly, a new front fascia that looks similar to the face of the 2008 Chevy Malibu introduced at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show. Who knows what this car is really for and why it is hanging out at a commercial shoot for the Chevy Impala, but can we just say the new grille looks great on the Cobalt? Because it does. It looks like the hood is also modified to fit flush with the new fascia, which means we doubt a tuner shop is responsible for this. It appears OEM all the way. The Cobalt has been showing strong sales lately, ending 2006 with 211,449 units sold, just good enough to be the 10th best-selling vehicle in the U.S. last year. Is a mid-cycle refresh being planned to bring the Cobalt's mug in line with the new corporate grille, or are we misinterpreting the tea leaves?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Site Moderator

Send a message via AIM to joedashow Send a message via Yahoo to joedashow
Very interesting. Very interesting, indeed...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CHICAGO CUBS - NINETY-NINE YEARS OF TRADITION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to ItalianJoe1
Damn, they better not make the front of the cobalt match the Malibu. That would suck.

We need more boost!

K&N CAI, GMPP exhaust w/XTC 3" d-pipe,
Ported stock exhaust manifold, B&M Shifter
Stage 2 w/2.8, DC Sport sturt brace,
Torque brace, CAB's, poly Trans mounts,
225/40/18 BFG KDW2 tires
GM drilled rotors w/Hawk Pads

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
More From AutoBlog:
No, the Cobalt will not get a mid-cycle enhancement
Turns out the trick-looking Cobalt we showed you earlier is actually an extra General Motors used in one of its Super Bowl commercials that will debut this Sunday. The car originally debuted as a 2005 SEMA vehicle (thanks, Nick!). The distinguished Ray Wert III from Jalopnik saw our post with the picture of a Cobalt wearing a very Malibu-esque face, and immediately noticed it in this commercial. Despite the fact it's apparent the car is just a prop, it doesn't change the fact that the Cobalt would look a lot better with a front end more like the Malibu's. Mystery solved.

Check out the commercial in full after the jump, the Cobalt appears with about 13 seconds left.

Link to Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoApXpIymdE
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Doc
Contributing User

Dale Jr. singing he needs to stick to driving.
Very interesting though...

Proud DSLSJA Member
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:32 PM

That real life concept car been around for a long time now. The commercial def isnt the first time i've seen it. I think that grill is super ugly though. Looks like something that should be on the front of a truck.......I think its too tall and big......I like the streamlined look of our current 'balts. It looks like Dodge did to the Neon on the 02-03 change (I think). Everything else stayed the same, but they gave it that signature Dodge "truck" grill. Ick.

Last edited by WhiteSS; 02-14-2007 at 12:07 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSS View Post
That real life concept car been around for a long time now. The commercial def isnt the first time i've seen it. I think that grill is super ugly though. Looks like something that should be on the front of a truck.......I think its too tall and big......I like the streamlined look of our current 'balts. It looks like Dodge did to the Neon on the 02-03 change (I think). Everything else stayed the same, but they gave it that signature Dodge "truck" grill. Ick.
so has this one, but i like this one way better:
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 06:50 AM

Wow... that is hideous. I hope they look nothing like that. Say buy buy to the cobalt
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 04:08 PM

That silver one looks sick If that was coming out for 08, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I hear they may be putting a turbo in the new ones
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 12:11 PM

i cant get the new cobalt im getting a 09 comaro......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in