2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Coupe beauty shots - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Coupe beauty shots

Everything looks better with proper lighting. The 2008 Chevy Cobalt SS just stepped into the studio for its glamour shots and they didn't come out half bad. Though the Cobalt itself is somewhat ancient compared to other small cars that have been significantly redesigned in the past few years, it still sells well and the Cobalt SS will likely be the cheapest cost of entry into the wonderful world of direct injection technology when it goes on sale. Its motor is the same one used in the Pontiac Solstice GXP, Saturn Sky Red Line and Chevy HHR SS. The turbocharged, direct-inject 2.0L four cylinder produces 260 horsepower and 260 pound feet of torque, though is tasked with towing around a lighter weight package than other inexpensive pocket rockets like the Dodge Caliber SRT-4 and Mazdaspeed3. Torque steer, of course, is always an issue, but the FE5 sport suspension package was tuned on the famed Nürburgring Nordschleife in Germany and GM promises a ride you can live with on a daily basis. As for the design, it's 95% Cobalt and 5% go-fast tomfoolery. That combination makes for a great sleeper car, as the Cobalt SS does not announce itself on arrival. The 10-split-spoke wheels, subtle (and still useless on a FWD car) rear spoiler, new fog lamps and side sills are extremely tasteful. No scoops and fender vents here, thank you very much. We'll start bothering GM for one to review right now, but in the meantime check out the new 2008 Chevy Cobalt SS shots in the gallery below.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/06/p...-beauty-shots/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Iam thinking about trading my S/C for the T/C
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoal*boy View Post
Iam thinking about trading my S/C for the T/C
test.......

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 01:43 PM

hey couldnt start a new tread not real big into the forum yet...but great news for all the turbo cobalt owners gmaccessoriesstore.com is listing a cat back exhaust for the lnf's now looks the same but is finally out anyone know when the intake will me sold? any one with the older parts email me at [email protected] and lemi know how u feel about gmpp
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Hallss,

Go to PFYC.com and they have the GMPP intake there, there listed at $325, but i think that K&N makes a better intake. but thats just me $0.2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode