didn't find out about this site till a few mins ago... eek i know... anyways incase any of you don't know about the other forum here is what we are planning, i noticed TN doesn't have a section but we are part of the SEC so i posted under this forum... we'd love to have some other cobalt enthusiast come along, i know its kind of short notice but hope some of you can make it out. let me know if you can confirm and join us.
A few of us guys from the Knoxville, Tn Area have decided to put a meet / cruise together, driving through some of the curviest roads in the area. I'm sure most of you have heard of The Dragon US129 318 Curves in 11 Miles
, and The Cherohala Skyway a.k.a. the mile high legend
, and Foothills Parkway
. For any enthusiast Motorcycles, Cars, even vacationers these are some of the best roads in the east, and we just happen to live right in the heart of them.
The Meet will take place on Saturday, October, 18, 2008 @ 9:00AM @ Foothills Mall in Maryville, TN, we will promptly leave at 10:00AM for the cruise.
Locations @ Mall - Next to Sears across from Hastings in the big parking lot.
note: I fully plan on having a two way radio, yanno the ones you can pick up at walmart usually have a 2 - 5 mile range, at the meet those that bring one we can hook up on the same channel so that we at least have some form of communication in case something happens. I will be bringing two, one for myself as i'll lead the way and one for whoever is bringing up the rear if they don't have one with them. Just think this is the safest way to do this so that we all stay together.
Directions to Foothills Mall
The Cruise Route
- Please Print, in case your running behind or want to meet us somewhere along the cruise you will know the route we are taking.
Stops Along the way:
- Tellico Plains, TN - To regroup and make sure everything is going okay.
- Gas Station on the skyway - I can't remember the exact location of this gas station but I will remember it when i see it, i'm pretty sure from the direction we are going that its at the end of the skway, it contains souvenirs for the skyway.
- Robbinsville, NC - some fast food restaurant more than likely bathroom breaks, lunch / snack.
- Fontana Dam - beautiful view of the damn dam.
- Hellbinder Gas Station - 28 Hellbender souvenirs.
- Deals Gap - Dragon Souvenirs
- Observation Tower Foothills Parkway - There is a huge parking lot that we can park in, its about a 1/2 mile hike up to the observation tower, but well worth the view, you can apparently see the crest of the earth, and what i mean by this is that typically you can see a horizon, this is one place were you can see beyond that on a clear day. 360 degree panaramic view of the mountians. I figured this would be a good time to stretch the legs if you don't feel like making the hike you can chill in the parking lot and body guard the cars lol. while we are hiking up we can figure out were we want to eat dinner in sevierville.
- Restaurant in Sevierville, TN - Dinner and to close out the meet.
according to google maps the whole trip should take about 6 hours, but i'd say with the stops we are looking at close to 8 hours give or take. So we should be in sevierville by 6PM at the latest i would think. Please allow for extra time in case something happens.
I figure most people need 2 or 3 weeks to ask off for work we are about 3 weeks out right now, so hurry up and ask off for work, the more people we have the better.
///copy below here paste in reply add your name when confirmed///
1. Knoxbox and I have a friend riding shotgun - Cobalt LS
2. BlackSS - 350z
3. bigmacss - Cobalt SS
4. Ecot3c - lt2
1. Jacque8080 - SS/SC
2. shook - lt