Idea for my seats! CO guys help please. - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

Go Back   Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums > Regional Forums > South Western Forum

CobaltSS.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Idea for my seats! CO guys help please.

Ok, I have a Stage 2 SS/SC with out G85. My father had an idea about having Stage 2 stiched under the SS in silver or white with silver outline. I like that idea a lot and have some cash laying around to do it with. What do you guys think? Color options (My balt is silver), Too ricey, etc. And does anyone know how to get the seat covers off or would I have to remove my whole seat? Finally does anybody know of any places to have this done for a good price and who does quality work? thanx
leviticus88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Doc
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviticus88
Ok, I have a Stage 2 SS/SC with out G85. My father had an idea about having Stage 2 stiched under the SS in silver or white with silver outline. I like that idea a lot and have some cash laying around to do it with. What do you guys think? Color options (My balt is silver), Too ricey, etc. And does anyone know how to get the seat covers off or would I have to remove my whole seat? Finally does anybody know of any places to have this done for a good price and who does quality work? thanx
I was talking with a friend about this very thing and I know this says for Co. guys only but since you have cash and the idea, something that I think might look great is having grey suede inserts put in and then having the stage 2 done in silver with a white outline (or vice versa). You can also get the arm rest parts that match the seats done the same way. We saw red suede inserts in a viper and we both fell in love with those seats. If your serious, I can get some pics for you of the viper seats next time I see it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud DSLSJA Member
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

that is a good idea. the next time you come down like this weekend i can tell you of a few places down here in denver, up there in longmont i can only remember one place that did stuff like that but i have no idea if they are still there or not.
littleSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
I was talking with a friend about this very thing and I know this says for Co. guys only but since you have cash and the idea, something that I think might look great is having grey suede inserts put in and then having the stage 2 done in silver with a white outline (or vice versa). You can also get the arm rest parts that match the seats done the same way. We saw red suede inserts in a viper and we both fell in love with those seats. If your serious, I can get some pics for you of the viper seats next time I see it.
Thanx for the ideas. I dont really want to redo the whole interior but it would be cool to do a custom one with inserts. Good idea.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleSS
that is a good idea. the next time you come down like this weekend i can tell you of a few places down here in denver, up there in longmont i can only remember one place that did stuff like that but i have no idea if they are still there or not.
That would be great. I looked today around town but didn't see much so I might have to drive to get them done. With my luck Ill have stage 2 on the seats and then get stage 5 from intense. Great...
Old 06-06-2006, 07:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

I don't know id anyone does this out west, but in Eastern PA there is a company that does all kinds of stuff on seat backs. It looks embroidered, but it isn't. My non-SC seats are getting done in a week or two with the SS logo (white or silver to match the emblems/trim). I'll post pics when it's done.
gretty_d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2006, 08:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

The only problem I see is what if you change that. Like stage 3. then you have to get it restiched. But it does sound like a good idea
dipolley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sounds awsome Levi I would do it in silver or black with silver outline to match the car. Let us know..

Also you could just do a I's so if you go stage three just add an I

Just a thought?

Last edited by wyoming_bass; 06-06-2006 at 10:11 PM.
wyoming_bass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2006, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoming_bass
Sounds awsome Levi I would do it in silver or black with silver outline to match the car. Let us know..

Also you could just do a I's so if you go stage three just add an I

Just a thought?
Yeah that makes sense. I really dont think im going to get anything more (Stage kits anyway) anytime soon. I have college in 3 months and It will be all i can do to keep my baby much less make it faster. I still have dreams of going stage 5 but The clutch would need replacing and my warrenty, well ya. If GM comes out with stage 3 I'll def try to get it, but I heard it will be track only setup with no AC. Right know it looks like Im going to stick with Stage 2. It has already surprised a few LS1's and thats fast enough for me. I have around 1500 saved from the last few months and I plan on an Aeroforce gage (Because they are tight! haha) and maybe an intake when the come out or maybe dropping it with some CF (Hood and center wing). Im also considering putting that money away for when my clutch goes to shit or I might use it to help pay the Bitch off. Damn! I need more money!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in