Cobalts SS banner

Care Point Treatment dealer experience

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CobaltSSilver 
#1 ·
For whatever reason, I suckered into buying the Carepoint treatment with my car. I think it was like $600.
They attach it to the 100K/10year extended warranty.

So I take the car in for the work, and at the same time I complained about the "opaque" or "foggy" look of the paint on the sides of the car. Arrival blue, the roof and top and plastic peices are excellent, but the sides aren't.

So the guy says he will have the sides taken care of and install the Carepoint.
Tells me the car will be ready early afternoon.

So at 4 pm I call and find out if it's done. The guy says the Carepoint has been done, but didn't know about the paint. And of course I get the feeling I'm bothering him by asking about my car.

Half hour later he calls and says come and get it.

So I go get it, he hends me my receipt and heads off somewhere. On the receipt, under where it says "customer says the sides of the car are foggy", it says nothing.

So I try to ask what that means, but the guy has gone off to do who knows what. So I ask one of the other service writers.....he says, oh, we machined buffed the sides and it looks great now. He goes on to say, GM puts a protective coating on there and it needs to be buffed off". Huh? What a load of BS!

So out comes the car, and it's raining and I can't tell if the sides look any different or not. But both of the service writers assur me that if I still don't like it, they will take care of it.

Get the car home and look around the interior to see just what they did for this Carepoint treatment. As near as I can tell, it's like a fancy Armorall stuff. and the job they did was absolutely pathetic. A bunch of missed areas, they spilled the stuff all over the pass door panel and it made a bunch of ugly spots, and they spilled a spot of the stuff on my drivers seat cushion.

I was raging mad.

Take it in on Sat....and guy tells me to bring it back Monday......I showed him the fine jobe they did, he agreed with me. Different guy than before.

So I call up "my guy" this AM, explain the situation and immediatly he is back peddaling and telling me this is how the stuff goes on, and it's going to look like that for a couple of days....a whole load of BS. Treates me like some kind of dumb S**T.

So the car goes back in Wed so they can get it right.

My first ever dealer experience....for something terribly simple.....and it's a bad one!

Is this what I have to look forward to? I probably know more about cars than this guy ever will, and he treats me like I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Ron

See less See more
#2 ·
498Nova said:
For whatever reason, I suckered into buying the Carepoint treatment with my car. I think it was like $600.
They attach it to the 100K/10year extended warranty.

So I take the car in for the work, and at the same time I complained about the "opaque" or "foggy" look of the paint on the sides of the car. Arrival blue, the roof and top and plastic peices are excellent, but the sides aren't.

So the guy says he will have the sides taken care of and install the Carepoint.
Tells me the car will be ready early afternoon.

So at 4 pm I call and find out if it's done. The guy says the Carepoint has been done, but didn't know about the paint. And of course I get the feeling I'm bothering him by asking about my car.

Half hour later he calls and says come and get it.

So I go get it, he hends me my receipt and heads off somewhere. On the receipt, under where it says "customer says the sides of the car are foggy", it says nothing.

So I try to ask what that means, but the guy has gone off to do who knows what. So I ask one of the other service writers.....he says, oh, we machined buffed the sides and it looks great now. He goes on to say, GM puts a protective coating on there and it needs to be buffed off". Huh? What a load of BS!

So out comes the car, and it's raining and I can't tell if the sides look any different or not. But both of the service writers assur me that if I still don't like it, they will take care of it.

Get the car home and look around the interior to see just what they did for this Carepoint treatment. As near as I can tell, it's like a fancy Armorall stuff. and the job they did was absolutely pathetic. A bunch of missed areas, they spilled the stuff all over the pass door panel and it made a bunch of ugly spots, and they spilled a spot of the stuff on my drivers seat cushion.

I was raging mad.

Take it in on Sat....and guy tells me to bring it back Monday......I showed him the fine jobe they did, he agreed with me. Different guy than before.

So I call up "my guy" this AM, explain the situation and immediatly he is back peddaling and telling me this is how the stuff goes on, and it's going to look like that for a couple of days....a whole load of BS. Treates me like some kind of dumb S**T.

So the car goes back in Wed so they can get it right.

My first ever dealer experience....for something terribly simple.....and it's a bad one!

Is this what I have to look forward to? I probably know more about cars than this guy ever will, and he treats me like I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Ron

Don't feel bad man some of the guys at my dealership treat me like that to i try and keep my cool but sometimes you just need to tell them "i know what im talking about don't act like you know more than me even though you should" i did that to one of the guys and he shut up and actually listended to me after that.

#4 ·
I took the car back, and the tech re-applied the treatment. When he brought it out to the service manager to show him, there were still missed spots. So the service manager finished the job.
My guess is that the tech is new, and was trying to do it in poor lighting.

The job is now excellent.....they came through big time!

And I managed to keep my cool and not get pissed off while dealing with them. I might need service again someday!

Ron

#6 ·
Sorry to say but you got rooked. I've been a detailer for about 7 yrs and we put this stuff on at my dealership that I work at all the time and the stuff is a joke I have no confidence in it at all. Just my opnion but you can get the same stuff if not better at any auto retailer. Sorry NOVA :(

#7 ·
iball said:
That's when you walk up and slap the bish in the mouth.

Funny shit! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.