Should we establish a profanity filter? - Page 3 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
View Poll Results: Should CobaltSS establish a profanity filter for the forums?
Yes. 33 37.93%
No. 54 62.07%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE
I'll help out, and believe me.. there wont be any BS. It'll go away slowly but surely. If you guys think I can't be a MOD, check out ATF. I'm the Admin along with JDMcivic and tell me if our forum is "out of control."
ATF? How are you going to compare this site to ATF? Nothing against ATF or anything but there are what, 7 people that 'actively' post there? There isn't much going on in order to be out of control!

I think if new moderators are chosen than I think they should really be thought through! I honestly think if a few 'chosen' members got ahold of those privileges it would cause a lot of turmoil(sp?)!

I do think there should be a word filter on the forum! Filter every swear(sp?) word! Oh, and along with that, I think you should filter out 'mike' and 'm1ke' out of UserNames. So no one can use those combination of letters in their username!

I do personally think 'Trolls' should be taking care of quicker! I think the ban button is used to 'loosely'. I have already spoke to one of the Mods about this though.

Disclaimer: In no way do the words above reflect any other forum member but myself. I do take responsibility for what I say but I think it needs to be taken into consideration that they are more or less my thoughts and not suggestions!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:04 PM

F**k that sh*t..I think we can handle some curse words. Thise who get all butt hurt over it need to join another forum..know what I'm sayin' muthaf**ka?

Last edited by 87camaroPA; 08-11-2005 at 10:12 PM.
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxSS
F**k that sh*t..I think we can handle some curse words. Thise who get all butt hurt over it need to join another forum..know what I'm sayin' muthaf**ka?
Wait to boost the support for the profanity filter...

Last edited by 87camaroPA; 08-11-2005 at 10:13 PM.

post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:18 PM
KSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookdupdelsol
ATF? How are you going to compare this site to ATF? Nothing against ATF or anything but there are what, 7 people that 'actively' post there? There isn't much going on in order to be out of control!
Not comparing at all. You overlooked my point.

Lonewolf mentioned I was one of the members who cussed a lot, which I admitted to. I mentioned ATF becuase if you were to even read my posts on there, you'd see the big difference. I feel like this site encourages people to not give a f*ck since you can get away with anything on here now.

I don't see anyone enforcing anything around here.
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE
Not comparing at all. You overlooked my point.

Lonewolf mentioned I was one of the members who cussed a lot, which I admitted to. I mentioned ATF becuase if you were to even read my posts on there, you'd see the big difference. I feel like this site encourages people to not give a f*ck since you can get away with anything on here now.

I don't see anyone enforcing anything around here.
KSE you hit the nail on the head, I mean look a few posts up
I to believe Paul and Chris have one heck of a job on their hands, and they do need help.
I just did a search on the site for the word F*ck, and it turned up 26 threads containg the word, and that is not counting what the MODs have already edited.
29 members and 36 guests viewing at this time, and I am sure the post up above attracted a butt load of potential mature users NOT!!
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxSS
So who exactly is he calling a muthaf*cka?? KSE, Castrol, Me, or everyone else that agrees???

Last edited by 87camaroPA; 08-11-2005 at 10:14 PM.
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:43 PM
KSE

Who cares... right? LOL...

Seriously though. If they're gonna filter it out, I say filter them all. No point in bing ANTI-f*ckers only.. LOL. it will only encourage people to use the other ones...
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:54 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE
Who cares... right? LOL...

Seriously though. If they're gonna filter it out, I say filter them all. No point in bing ANTI-f*ckers only.. LOL. it will only encourage people to use the other ones...
Agreed KSE, even though my original intention was to just get the F-word filtered, or at least see what everyone else thought about its free use.
I know some of the younger crowd doesn't find it very offensive(and honestly I don't either), but I know for a fact there are those that do. I just think we need to let the members decide, and leave it at that. Hopefully the Admins will get some help for the MODs so they can try to enjoy this site also instead of constantly editing posts.
post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:56 PM
KSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewholf
I just think we need to let the members decide, and leave it at that.
Agreed..

Quote:
Hopefully the Admins will get some help for the MODs so they can try to enjoy this site also instead of constantly editing posts.
You and I can make that happen. It's up to them now...

I hope ekool get this asap. Someone PM him on all the other sites..
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE
I also would like to add that this forum needs more MOD-Power. Chris and Paul do a great job and all, but 2 MODS can't control everything.

ekool, castrol.... choose atleast 2 more if you want things back in order.

Double the man-power for now.

I'll help out, and believe me.. there wont be any BS. It'll go away slowly but surely. If you guys think I can't be a MOD, check out ATF. I'm the Admin along with JDMcivic and tell me if our forum is "out of control."

I offered my help to ekool MONTHS ago, before Chris and Paul.

This time, I say you guys dont do a public vote... choose them yourselves.

I'm up for it, just let me know.

Awww... Did somebody get thier feelings hurt because they didn't get to be a mod?

This is a car site. In theory, everyone is atleast 16. I think we are all mature enough to be able to read a profane word without getting offended. Do you giggle when someone says "pianist"?
Uhoh, I here the PC Police on thier way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode