Cobalts SS banner

Should CobaltSS establish a profanity filter for the forums?

• Yes.

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • No.

Votes: 54 62.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Should we establish a profanity filter?

15K views 86 replies 27 participants last post by  ekool 
#1 ·
This poll will be a simple yes or no poll. A profanity filter would simply take words
considered to be profane and turn them into *****.

Duration: 2 weeks.

At the end of the poll, the one with the most votes will reign supreme.

#59 ·
I'm not sure but I think it may be 2 years old. Somewhere in that time frame though. So you most likely won't have trouble finding it. Stars Luke Wilson, Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, and some others.

Haha gf caught my attention earlier when I was reading your post. I thought you asked how old I was, my bad lol.

#60 ·
Gh0strider said:
I'm not sure but I think it may be 2 years old. Somewhere in that time frame though. So you most likely won't have trouble finding it. Stars Luke Wilson, Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, and some others.

Haha gf caught my attention earlier when I was reading your post. I thought you asked how old I was, my bad lol.
No problem bud!! 29 is a good age to be at.. Only wish I was back there sometimes..
Is this the movie about a frat house, and a bunch of older men going back to college/moving into a fraternity? If it is, I remember previews, but never saw the movie :( .
Thanks for the info..

#61 ·
How many people visit sites that have profanity filters, only to either say the word that
is blocked as you read it, or to stop and actually figure out what the word was that was blocked?

What the **** is the talking about?

Who the **** do you think you are?

This whole thing has gone to ****!!

:D

Just checking.

#62 ·
im against filters, because why filter something out u already know what it is...like when tv shows try to blur out somebody flipping the bird.... :rolleyes:

also, there are always ways around the filters like spacing out, etc. we all have been there....so stop F U C K I N G talking about it :D

#63 ·
Lonewholf said:
No problem bud!! 29 is a good age to be at.. Only wish I was back there sometimes..
Is this the movie about a frat house, and a bunch of older men going back to college/moving into a fraternity? If it is, I remember previews, but never saw the movie :( .
Thanks for the info..

Yupp that's the one. No problem. :D

#64 ·
If someone thinks they need profanity to make their point on a subject, their point is probably pretty weak to begin with.

Profanity just makes the board sound more infantile.

#67 ·
Note to everyone else who might be thinking this:

KSE does NOT = Gh0strider.. (gh0st, I just had to put this out, some people were asking if I was you....*shrugs*)

That is all...

test: fuck <~~~ haha.. looks like this backfired... no filters!!!! YAY!!!!!.. I'll calm it donw tho, dont trip ;)

#68 ·
castrol said:
The other post... the one where the guy went off cussing and attacking Lonewholf...

Yeah, that is real shame to be banned on 2 different forums because you are an ass.

Ya you must be talking about me, because I want you just to reinstate my srt forums member access, thats has nothing to do with this site. It was OK for a certain member to rip on me. But when I fire back at him, :mad: BANNAGE :mad: fine I won't come back to this site, Key word this site, reinstate my srt member access, it has nothing to do with this site. If not that's fine, I'm like the devils advocate, I will arise again and again, vantity it's my favorite sin!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

#69 ·
midnght said:
Limiting ones self expression is only the beginning. If you must have a filter, get one for you, NOT everone else. I am just not one for it.
This statement from midnght gave me an idea. What if there was an option inside of the User CP that would allow each individual user to choose whether to have the filter on or not, similar to the option to not have avatars and signatures be shown. I for one do not want to be bombarded with NSW avatars, signatures, and language while browsing at work (which is when I do most of my reading on these boards) I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but I would feel that most would have no problem with this as a total filter probably will not pass. Just a thought.

#70 ·
I hate you! said:
Ya you must be talking about me, because I want you just to reinstate my srt forums member access, thats has nothing to do with this site. It was OK for a certain member to rip on me. But when I fire back at him, :mad: BANNAGE :mad: fine I won't come back to this site, Key word this site, reinstate my srt member access, it has nothing to do with this site. If not that's fine, I'm like the devils advocate, I will arise again and again, vantity it's my favorite sin!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
It is not a good idea not to threaten me.

#71 ·
dosen't seem like a good way to get reinstated either huh Castrol?

#73 ·
ericsean said:
This statement from midnght gave me an idea. What if there was an option inside of the User CP that would allow each individual user to choose whether to have the filter on or not, similar to the option to not have avatars and signatures be shown. I for one do not want to be bombarded with NSW avatars, signatures, and language while browsing at work (which is when I do most of my reading on these boards) I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but I would feel that most would have no problem with this as a total filter probably will not pass. Just a thought.
This was my idea that I put on the other thread that was deleted. Admins is this possible??

castrol said:
It is not a good idea not to threaten me.
So you are saying we should threaten you???? :confused: :confused:

#75 ·
87camaroPA said:
No not you wasey13 it was another person..
I know who he was talking about. Look at what he said though... two negatives make a positive. He said its a good idea to threaten him, when he meant to say its not a good idea to threaten. Bah! Nevermind, people have to think too hard for it to be funny. :(

#76 ·
wasey13 said:
I know who he was talking about. Look at what he said though... two negatives make a positive. He said its a good idea to threaten him, when he meant to say its not a good idea to threaten. Bah! Nevermind, people have to think too hard for it to be funny. :(
ROFL hahaha... i just read it again i did not even pick up that now i see what you are talkin about.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.