Cobalts SS banner

Should CobaltSS establish a profanity filter for the forums?

• Yes.

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • No.

Votes: 54 62.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Should we establish a profanity filter?

15K views 86 replies 27 participants last post by  ekool 
#1 ·
This poll will be a simple yes or no poll. A profanity filter would simply take words
considered to be profane and turn them into *****.

Duration: 2 weeks.

At the end of the poll, the one with the most votes will reign supreme.

#5 ·
Well, you have fvck, fsck (which is actually a *nix command), phuck, phuk, phuctard, phuktard, fock, f0ck, f@ck, fack, fick, ficken (which is a real German word), etc.
That's just ONE word. Don't get me started on shite and all its variants.
So in order to "properly" ban that word, you will also need to ban variants on the word. Eventually your filters will hit around 100 words.
It would SUCK to be the one typing all that in. :D

#6 ·
im sure is mainly for those that feel they have to say Fffffudge every other word. I use it alot when I'm driving down the road (rd rage) but I try to keep the cuss words down quite a bit on forums because there are younger people reading, even though I know this will not be the only place they read or hear it but I'm not going to contribute to it if I can help it.

#8 ·
I think the members of this forum are good enough people to police themselves and know what is appropriate for certain situations. I'm sure I've dropped an f-bomb on here before, but I only do it if I'm extremely enraged by ignorance or in response to a shot taken at me or my car. I don't think a profanity filter is necessary. If someone's angry, there's too many 4 letter words that they can use in any given situation and it makes understanding them more difficult. Instead, you should make a punctuation filter that limits people's posting capability if they don't use proper punctuation.

#10 ·
I see no reason why any sort of filter would be bad. I mean if you can't find other ways of saying stuff, that's your prob, and shouldn't be everyone's. I've cursed on here many times, but I always wondered how it was taken. Now I know, and I have no problem with giving it up if it offends anyone.

#14 ·
Well i fell that it should not have to be on it is just people just need to curve what they say and we would not have this problem...... me just being a MOD it is a pain to go into everyone's post who do say the "F-bomb" and some times it makes my job really hard because it is hard to keep up sometimes i mean if people would just not use it it would be no problem at all.

#20 ·
I also would like to add that this forum needs more MOD-Power. Chris and Paul do a great job and all, but 2 MODS can't control everything.

ekool, castrol.... choose atleast 2 more if you want things back in order.

Double the man-power for now.

I'll help out, and believe me.. there wont be any BS. It'll go away slowly but surely. If you guys think I can't be a MOD, check out ATF. I'm the Admin along with JDMcivic and tell me if our forum is "out of control."

I offered my help to ekool MONTHS ago, before Chris and Paul.

This time, I say you guys dont do a public vote... choose them yourselves.

I'm up for it, just let me know.

#21 ·
KSE said:
I'll help out, and believe me.. there wont be any BS. It'll go away slowly but surely. If you guys think I can't be a MOD, check out ATF. I'm the Admin along with JDMcivic and tell me if our forum is "out of control."
ATF? How are you going to compare this site to ATF? Nothing against ATF or anything but there are what, 7 people that 'actively' post there? There isn't much going on in order to be out of control!

I think if new moderators are chosen than I think they should really be thought through! I honestly think if a few 'chosen' members got ahold of those privileges it would cause a lot of turmoil(sp?)!

I do think there should be a word filter on the forum! Filter every swear(sp?) word! Oh, and along with that, I think you should filter out 'mike' and 'm1ke' out of UserNames. So no one can use those combination of letters in their username!

I do personally think 'Trolls' should be taking care of quicker! I think the ban button is used to 'loosely'. I have already spoke to one of the Mods about this though.

Disclaimer: In no way do the words above reflect any other forum member but myself. I do take responsibility for what I say but I think it needs to be taken into consideration that they are more or less my thoughts and not suggestions!

#24 ·
hookdupdelsol said:
ATF? How are you going to compare this site to ATF? Nothing against ATF or anything but there are what, 7 people that 'actively' post there? There isn't much going on in order to be out of control!
Not comparing at all. You overlooked my point.

Lonewolf mentioned I was one of the members who cussed a lot, which I admitted to. I mentioned ATF becuase if you were to even read my posts on there, you'd see the big difference. I feel like this site encourages people to not give a f*ck since you can get away with anything on here now.

I don't see anyone enforcing anything around here.

#25 ·
KSE said:
Not comparing at all. You overlooked my point.

Lonewolf mentioned I was one of the members who cussed a lot, which I admitted to. I mentioned ATF becuase if you were to even read my posts on there, you'd see the big difference. I feel like this site encourages people to not give a f*ck since you can get away with anything on here now.

I don't see anyone enforcing anything around here.
KSE you hit the nail on the head, I mean look a few posts up :rolleyes:
I to believe Paul and Chris have one heck of a job on their hands, and they do need help.
I just did a search on the site for the word F*ck, and it turned up 26 threads containg the word, and that is not counting what the MODs have already edited.
29 members and 36 guests viewing at this time, and I am sure the post up above attracted a butt load of potential mature users :eek: NOT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.