2008 SS/TC vs 2008 S2000 - Page 3 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 456 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to WICKED
srt8s are faster than a cobalt

but are slow compared to fast cars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 456 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKED View Post
srt8s are faster than a cobalt

but are slow compared to fast cars.
Any car that can run 13's is reasonably quick, but yes, I agree, quick and FAST are two different animals altogether
post #23 of 456 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 09:37 AM
The HepKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
That's insane! A stock SS/TC is not going to roll with any of the cars you mentioned Stock Vs. Stock! A SS/TC will trap on average 103 to 104 in the 1/4. All the cars you mentioned have faster 1/4 times and trap in the 106 to 109 range. What do you think happens with the V8 cars? Do you think they fall on their face right after the 1/4??? Most of the cars you mentioned have a top speed over 170MPH. Even the Mustang which is the slowest car you mentioned will hold you off.
I seriously doubt anybody here takes sseiboi seriously, he is a angry little child, picture him as he posts, a little 4 ft tall boy, with his Raiders cap sideways, and he gots his sag on, Gansta leaning.....

but, all his relatives have changed a spark plug so now he is a professional driver and ace mechanic...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..

post #24 of 456 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Contributing User

I know he's a lost cause. I just dont want this getting posted on another forum and having everyone here looking STUPID for not trying to explain reality to him.Sorry boi but GTOs, SRT-8 & Mustangs are faster than Cobalts,Calibers,Speed 3s, Neons.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #25 of 456 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
I know he's a lost cause. I just dont want this getting posted on another forum and having everyone here looking STUPID for not trying to explain reality to him.Sorry boi but GTOs, SRT-8 & Mustangs are faster than Cobalts,Calibers,Speed 3s, Neons.
thats a lot of talk from some one that doesnt have any experience.... well if you pay attention, the races are from a sixty mph roll. and a new mustang GT taking a cobalt???? that car is a brick on wheels with a small block V8 tucked in the small engine compartment of an unevenly weight distributed car.... tsk tsk tsk. id say that you guys probably got kicked off the srt-4 forum kuz you thot that your SRT-4s were "the ultimate car". HAH! dodge is too far behind in speed, unless you gotta viper, dont even talk fast to me.

I CALL BS ON ALL YOUR SRT-4s! AINT NO 10s you run, probably 10 second 30ft.... and your srt-8s, all of them weigh over 4grand or more. so you add more horsepower to compensate for that weight.... and a 170mph limit? gimme a break.... go do research and see what those cars are governed at.

Damn man im gonna school all you wanna bees at this shit.... keep it comin.... im a one man army against you all!
post #26 of 456 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 01:55 PM

I agree with sseiboi I raced a chrysler srt-8 and was pretty even. but this is also my first standard. it was stock for stock
post #27 of 456 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 02:13 PM

and mustangs dont open up until you begin modding. id race even the new challenger. im anxious. you guys gotta learn about weight, torque, and hp. it all comes into play. you guys arent really lookin into it very realistically
post #28 of 456 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoePwR View Post
and mustangs dont open up until you begin modding. id race even the new challenger. im anxious. you guys gotta learn about weight, torque, and hp. it all comes into play. you guys arent really lookin into it very realistically
THANK YOU!!!! THE SAVIOR OF THEM ALL!!!!

im serious man, these guys they think they know it all.... tsk, tsk, tsk. they just go off of pure numbers and dont see the difference in weight, climate, elevation and situation.

if anything, coming back to retaliate to me, we would have to break it down to them what we are talkin bout.... my car weighs right know :~2895 lbs. seriously and makes ~205-210 hp at the most with a cat-back and lowering springs alone make my car stance more aerodynamic than the srt-8, which i gotta add that aero adds a factor because of wind drag, and the MOPAR junks are not to AERO.... given that, im in a better spot kuz you also raced one stock for stock and concluded that they are tied. now i wanna ask you MoePWR, what is the elevation in feet you live at? Im at sealevel literally and that means that my car performs WAY better than one at 3000 ft of elevation am i right???? dont superchargers react to climate change like that?

now i will admit, normally aspirated and turbos are not greatly affected by climate change so a TURBO>SUPER in higher elevation right? RIGHT! so try a turbo against a super here on my elevation and you'd see how even they are....

As for puneyMT and FAGbeast, go to youtube.... type in bay area racing and weel see what you think of your V8s after wards.... nothing against them kuz like i said, i had a '88 iroc-z and put 345K on the original engine no rebuild but that was before my SS/SC.... you will see on youtube from here in Oakland HONDA CIVICS (as much as i hate them), N/A's smokin ford Mustand Cobras on the quarter. scan through those vids and tell me what you think.

all power2weight and driver. you think im wrong, go back to school kuz i know you just graduated and take a class on the laws of physics and also add automotive on their and learn how an engine works and where power climaxes on certain types of motor setups.

I thank you once again for the help MoePwr.... finally some one that has some knowledge over these peewee racers.
post #29 of 456 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 PM

the last thing imma comment in my behalf towards PuneyMT and Fagbeast is this, i do not believe that their srt-4s are even close to 12 second cars at all. i dont buy their bullshit. the only thing ive claimed is my driving skills and knowledge towards cars is far greater than theirs kuz i work on them for a living. not changing spark plugs as mentioned earlier which i took as no offense and not a boi, thats just my sig. ive been taking apart front ends and personally working on motors like rotary type which by the way not a lot can do.... and taking apart rear ends of just about any car excluding high end like ferrari, lamborghini and aston martin, etc. ive only worked on a Ford GT, you know, the 1/4 million dollar car.... which is freakin fast as hell. trust me the rear lost traction at 20mph just fast shiftin into 2nd and 2nd goes to damn near 90 sumthin miles an hour....

well like i said, dont listen to those two, their a joke if they think im fake kuz i got experience. read my public profile i put it on their for a reason. i take pride in my work for it teaches me things that those two wish they knew.... lets just mention ITBs. puneyMT and Fagbeast, you know anything about them???? what about stand alones.... hmmm maybe im speakin chinese to them or sumthin'. ask me for advice kuz that pick of the srt-4 just looked like a stock neon with 500 dollar rims and tires and the srt-4 spoiler placed on the trunk along with an insignificant ride drop (probably cut the coils.... amatures). calling BS on both your neons.

show proof and dynos. you got a time slip that looks ripped, maybe stole it from the real racer.... HAHAHAHA! freakin joke.... im ignorin till i see proof. waste my strength on livin life.... enjoying my cobalt which by the way: ME>puneyMT and Fagbeast when it comes to racin'.
post #30 of 456 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 03:47 PM

lol good kill. they dont know shit. But i think i can admit the srt-8 would probably have from a dig but after their high end isnt so great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode