2008 impala ss vs 2004 gto - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

2008 impala ss vs 2004 gto

Ok this race was nothing special but i figured id post it anyway. So my buddy got a new impala ss with the 5.3 303 hp anyway he got a little work done to it and all of a sudden he thought he could beat me. He got exhaust, headers, intake and a tune i forget what he said it dynos but it was in the mid 300 i think something like 345. Anway i got tired of him talkin ish so we lined them up last night first race was a dead stop at a green light. I spun like crazy (damn salt all over the road) and we were neck and neck i was kinda suprised but then i hooked and put bus lengths on him right away. The second race was from a 40 roll same result killed him again by 10 cars. So all in all it was fun for me lol even though he told me the only reason he lost was because he couldnt get traction ha i hate sore losers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 03:56 PM
The HepKitty

When my GTO was stock it would barely edge out my 2006 Monte SS with a LS4. And that would happen after 60mph... from a dig to 60mph was a real fight... The 303hp LS4 is a strong engine...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
When my GTO was stock it would barely edge out my 2006 Monte SS with a LS4. And that would happen after 60mph... from a dig to 60mph was a real fight... The 303hp LS4 is a strong engine...
really? i race him when i was stock it was no contest

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 08:54 AM
The HepKitty

well my Maybellene when stock was a slowpoke....

You hear stories of certian lucky folks buying the so-called factory freaks, I tend to do the reverse and always seem to score the factory slowpokes..

for example Maybellene (2006 A4 GTO) went a best [email protected] at Albuquerque Raceway, bone stock...

With the mufflers removed and the resonator she twice went a best of [email protected] at Area 51 Raceway in Roswell, New Mexico..

Same setup at 'The Strip' In Vegas in 102 degree heat she did a best of [email protected]

I am sure she would have performed better at a lower altitude which I was hoping to deal with in Vegas but the heat on that day had the DA above 5000ft..

My Monte's best time at Area 51 is a [email protected]

Lookie this race between me (in the Monte) and my husband (in the GTO)..
Now my husband is a rather experienced strip driver.. The GTO was brand new, still had the dealer tag in the window, and had around 3500 miles, as we drove Maybellene alot upon purchase to break her in..

we stage:

I hole shot him and out 60ft him (I for some reason can cut 1.9's - 2.0's in the FWD monte) and you can see the Monte SS has the lead..

and I thought I had the win as the GTO passed me right at the traps:

This tended to always be the pattern when these cars race at the track or street... Monte makes the GTO play catchup, it eventually does and wins and would start pouring it on past say 110mph.... Now I know those times are slow but consider the DA on that given day was in the 8000ft range, as Albuquerque is rather unique in being a mile high desert (unlike Denver) so the summer heat can really send the DA soaring...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 08:41 PM

WOW...Your GTO came from the factory SLOW. Whats the deal with that?!

Did you ever have it dynoed when it was stock?
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 05:21 AM
The HepKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanaGTO View Post
WOW...Your GTO came from the factory SLOW. Whats the deal with that?!

Did you ever have it dynoed when it was stock?

well you have to consider a detail in the post that maybe you are omitting.

a DA of 8000ft. What really do you think any stock GTO would run under those conditions, your GTO included? But yes, I believe I tend to score the factory slowpokes..... for whatever luck of the draw reasons that might be...

The GTO dynoed only 328hp SAE when stock.

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 05:58 AM
Contributing User

GTO's are just naturally slow, lol

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit

Hahn intake, charge pipes, and cat back
ttr motor mount, CIA downpipe
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 06:41 AM
The HepKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bullet-Banta View Post
GTO's are just naturally slow, lol
You know, at my altitude, that is a true statement, and the boosted Cobalts, SRT's, ect. Pose problems for the GTO and other normaly aspirated cars running around.

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
well you have to consider a detail in the post that maybe you are omitting.

a DA of 8000ft. What really do you think any stock GTO would run under those conditions, your GTO included? But yes, I believe I tend to score the factory slowpokes..... for whatever luck of the draw reasons that might be...

The GTO dynoed only 328hp SAE when stock.
I wasn't trying to insult you...I was just surprised at how slow that time was. And yes, I didn't realize you were at THAT high an altitude. What would you have to do to correct whatever the factory messed up. Can modding replace whatever is causing your factory slowpoke problem?
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 01:41 PM

Garage
HMMMMM.... so an SS/SC cobalt has a fighting chance against a GTO. WOW....

(some may need to reread their posts made and correct that: a GTO always murders a cobalt SS/SC is a false statement).

****UUUHH HHHMMMPH....****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode