Cobalt Vs. Subie WRX STi - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Cobalt Vs. Subie WRX STi

It was awesome weather here in jersey yesterday. Almost 60 degrees. Snowing today. My buddy with his modded Cobalt SS called and asked if I wanted to go cruzin. Well we're out 20 minutes and we come across a Subie STi. The STi pulls up next to us and starts revving. He didn't know what he was up against! My buddies Cobalt is so far from stock it's sick. Intake, Exhaust, Pullie swap, fuel mods, suspension mods and just for good measure a 75 shot with remote bottle opener. I'm pretty sure the car hits mid 12 regularly at Atco. And traps about 114!. First race was from a 40 punch in third with the spray on. We let out around 130 with a several car lead. Second race. No spray from 40 we had about 2 to 3 cars when we let out at 120. The STi driver gives us a grudging thumbs up and rolls off. I cant wait til spring.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Contributing User

yuh... i cant wait tell i get done with the academy and i can start dumping some serious money into this car, tell your budy "good kill"

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hahn intake, charge pipes, and cat back
ttr motor mount, CIA downpipe
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 05:17 PM

Garage
Jeah.... STI's arent THAT great anyways.... Evos are always better in every situation except for dirt rally.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to WICKED
if i was going to get an awd car, i would grab an sti just because of the ability to make it 75/25 rwd/fwd

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKED View Post
if i was going to get an awd car, i would grab an sti just because of the ability to make it 75/25 rwd/fwd
Yeah, the DCCD in the Sti is sweet. I don't know. I really like both cars, and tried buying an STI, but the EVO seems way easier to mod. I helped my buddy swap some pipes on the WRX and it was a royal PITA just doing that. The EVOs 4g63 is stout too!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 01:46 AM

Oh rah! Taking down the "bigger" foe. Nice kill for your friend.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 02:54 AM

Crash was that an attempt at an Ooh rah?....in other words are you in the corps?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand National 5-0 View Post
Crash was that an attempt at an Ooh rah?....in other words are you in the corps?
i think its safe to say he is lol. yut!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode