04 gto vs srt4 neon - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

04 gto vs srt4 neon

ok so here in PA today the weather was awsome so i figured id go out on a cruise and well it was worth it. so im crusing down rt611 and i see in my rear-view something red flying up now once he gets closer i realize this is a guy who killed me before when i had just exhaust and intake haha its a little different now. Anyway we get to a light and he shootin the shit with me and asks if i want to run again but kinda says it like a asshole so of course i smile and say yes. light turns green and we both get shitty launches but i still get the pull and im only on him by about half a car the whole time until 100 when we both shut down. next light hes more suprised and wants to go again so we do and this time i launch perfect ha like literally the best i have ever done and i get on him right away by about 2-3 cars and it stays that way the whole race blah now i know this wasnt to fun a story ha but its self gratifying or however u spell it hahah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 04:29 PM

Garage
^^ OK.... if i could only fully make out what you typed.... I'm understanding that you didn't beat the SRT-4 (neon right?) when your GTO was stock right?

A while back, i raced my buddy's SRT-4 (neon) 3 times on street with burnout prep each. I've got a SS/SC and both of us i can conclude are good to great drivers so margin of error is slim. Note: we are both stock at time. All three races he took me by only half his car. So really dead even all the way to 110.

So that leads me to conclude that a stock SS/SC can hang with a GTO stock for stock? Given that you and that guy you're mentioning are both stock.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSStreak View Post
^^ OK.... if i could only fully make out what you typed.... I'm understanding that you didn't beat the SRT-4 (neon right?) when your GTO was stock right?

A while back, i raced my buddy's SRT-4 (neon) 3 times on street with burnout prep each. I've got a SS/SC and both of us i can conclude are good to great drivers so margin of error is slim. Note: we are both stock at time. All three races he took me by only half his car. So really dead even all the way to 110.

So that leads me to conclude that a stock SS/SC can hang with a GTO stock for stock? Given that you and that guy you're mentioning are both stock.
haha sorry yea i typed alot of jiberish but anyway no a ss/sc are what 15 ro mid 14 sec cars? my gto hit 13.5 bone stock and the guy wasnt stock the first time i raced him i forget what he had but i remember him telling me upgraded turbo and some other little things but no stock ss/sc vs gto isnt really a race gto everytime

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 04:41 PM

Garage
I'm gonna paste a the slips of all three from a reliable site and i want to see if its right what i ask:

Website:http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

2004 Pontiac GTO LS1 5.3 13.8

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged, 6.1 14.4 (MT Dec '05)

2004 Dodge SRT-4 5.3 13.9

It appears that the cobalt is the slowest from the bunch but is it? And then poses my question, from a roll the cars may be dead even. Notice that the 0-60 on the GTO is 5.3 seconds right? Then why did it ONLY pull out a 13.8 second 1/4 while the Cobalt did the 0-60 in 6 seconds and still managed to make a low 14 1/4. That means the 3rd gear on the GTO is large and bogs it while the 3rd on the Cobalt pulls it even harder.

I dont know.... its just an assumtion and I have seen a Cobalt SS/SC take a GTO from a roll. Dead even till 110 and thats when the Cobalt pulled.

I just want to see videos of them stock for stock. Mine isn't stock so i know for a fact that i would walk a GTO....

Last edited by RedSStreak; 02-09-2009 at 04:43 PM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

was the cobalt stock? just because the gto top end is its strong point ive had mine up over 160 with more to go not hating on the cobalt but i find it hard to believe a stock cobalt will beat a stock gto in anyway with equal drivers

Quote:
I'm gonna paste a the slips of all three from a reliable site and i want to see if its right what i ask:

Website:http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

2004 Pontiac GTO LS1 5.3 13.8

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged, 6.1 14.4 (MT Dec '05)

2004 Dodge SRT-4 5.3 13.9

It appears that the cobalt is the slowest from the bunch but is it? And then poses my question, from a roll the cars may be dead even. Notice that the 0-60 on the GTO is 5.3 seconds right? Then why did it ONLY pull out a 13.8 second 1/4 while the Cobalt did the 0-60 in 6 seconds and still managed to make a low 14 1/4. That means the 3rd gear on the GTO is large and bogs it while the 3rd on the Cobalt pulls it even harder.

I dont know.... its just an assumtion and I have seen a Cobalt SS/SC take a GTO from a roll. Dead even till 110 and thats when the Cobalt pulled.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 05:08 PM

Garage
"just because the gto top end is its strong point"

not according to the numbers.... low is the GTO's strongest point along with traction. And yes, they were both stock.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
"just because the gto top end is its strong point"

not according to the numbers.... low is the GTO's strongest point along with traction. And yes, they were both stock.
well i can tell you right now your WRONG as i know from having the car and about 6 of my friends have gtos to and i know personally i have raced ss/sc and it wasnt even a close race and i just dont see a cobalt pulling on a gto a 5.7 ls1 is going to have better top end then a what 2.2 eco tech? i also have raced cobalts at speeds that high and they were always 5-6 cars back
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

and btw traction is not one of the best points for the GTO ask anyone who has one its one of the hardest cars to launch nd get traction
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Contributing User

i call bs. the srt wasn't racing

jfwy. good kill

05 flame red neon
MODS- ptp s3k turbo @ 27psi, ptp ported exh mani, agp wga, agp sri, jmb hardpipes, cti hotside pipe, hks ssqv bov, Ex Depot SB ic, prothane mm inserts, coolingmist w/i (trunk mount), FIC 625cc inj, agp returnline, needswings v5 dp, qtp e-cutout, maddog 50% sts, eibach sportlines, dcr oil modifier, safc2 and a few more things i can't remember
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to WICKED
stock ss/sc vs stock gto is a drivers race?! Wtf is going on?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode