cobalt ? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

cobalt ?

ok ive posted a couple times and ive been told by a lot of you that top end your cobalts kill so many cars but im just curious what kinda cars are you racing? i know one of you told me a ss s/c top end beat out a gto which i just dont see and soem other guys have said ws6 and so on so i mean are you gyus makin all this bs up or do you have proof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoguy View Post
ok ive posted a couple times and ive been told by a lot of you that top end your cobalts kill so many cars but im just curious what kinda cars are you racing? i know one of you told me a ss s/c top end beat out a gto which i just dont see and soem other guys have said ws6 and so on so i mean are you gyus makin all this bs up or do you have proof
Your fairly local to me. I'll call my buddy with the modded balt I posted the Sti kill story about and see if I can set you up a race with a Well modded Balt. To date his best run has been [email protected] Atco opens at the end of the month. Maybe get a nice video of you guys racing.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Your fairly local to me. I'll call my buddy with the modded balt I posted the Sti kill story about and see if I can set you up a race with a Well modded Balt. To date his best run has been [email protected] Atco opens at the end of the month. Maybe get a nice video of you guys racing.
def man id really want to do that im about to get some drs i just dont knwo what to get how is the atco track? ive never been on it

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Contributing User

Get micky thompsons. Atco is a fast track. Pretty much all the tracks in our area are known to be fast tracks. Cecil, Englishtown etc.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

very nice ok man well whenever you plan on going to atco send me a pm and we can work something out
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoguy View Post
Well it comes up to the question of: Have you ever raced a Cobalt SS/SC stock vs. Stock or seen a race of that sort????

I'm just saying what i saw and what happened. Those may feel free to call BS but i hold my experience otherwise.... The Cobalt has (and i bet) WAY more traction issues on launch than the GTO. I can guarantee you that because i have driven both cars numerous of times. But what comes out to my conclusion and when you play in the factor that the GTO weighs a lot more than the Cobalt (i have an official weigh in sheet to prove on both) and the fact it makes 350bh, not to the wheels. If you would Dyno it to the wheels i can almost guarantee you it would be under 300hp. Im talking bout an LS1 not and LS2 or LS3. I know for a damn fact the LS2 and LS3 would easily walk the SS/SC in a dig or roll. Pick your poison.... but an LS1 vs. 2.0 Ecotec SC would be kinda an even match from a roll.

Ill try to get a vid of them two racing. Just means of calling them up for a rematch. If others beat me to it, please feel free to post a match of them both.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Contributing User

GTO guy, I can't say I know anything about you and I don't mean to be condescending but they can do some amazing things with sport compacts now so they can rival muscle cars. Especially when you mod them. Looks like you have a good deal of mods to yours too.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 02:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeSlacker27 View Post
GTO guy, I can't say I know anything about you and I don't mean to be condescending but they can do some amazing things with sport compacts now so they can rival muscle cars. Especially when you mod them. Looks like you have a good deal of mods to yours too.
To add atop that, the Cobalt is a Sports Coupe and the GTO is a sports car. Its more expensive to own the GTO in insurance terms. And being that they are in 2 different classes, yes 2 different, and be so competitive, means a whole lot. Its only natural that the Cobalt has to play catch-up with the GTO.

Like I said, I just want to see the two stock for stock in a race from a dig and roll to conclude any further disputes. Or else its pointless to go off just by numbers and look like a stubborn old muscle car enthusiast or ricer....
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSStreak View Post
To add atop that, the Cobalt is a Sports Coupe and the GTO is a sports car. Its more expensive to own the GTO in insurance terms. And being that they are in 2 different classes, yes 2 different, and be so competitive, means a whole lot. Its only natural that the Cobalt has to play catch-up with the GTO.

Like I said, I just want to see the two stock for stock in a race from a dig and roll to conclude any further disputes. Or else its pointless to go off just by numbers and look like a stubborn old muscle car enthusiast or ricer....
i get your point and all and yes ive raced a stock cobalt ss before a 06 and all i had was intake so no big power gain. From a stop i killed him everytime and from a roll i would usually win by about 2-3 cars
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 04:39 PM

Garage
^^ Yeah but is your GTO a LS1, LS2 or LS3? If its anything other than an LS1, i would see how. I still THINK its a driver's race LS1 vs SS/SC. Proof would change my opinion other wise because like i said: I've seen a match of said cars and it was tied until 110 mph when the SS/Sc edged slightly. But to me, A win is A win.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode