sseiboi we want proof so now you cant ignore this one - Page 3 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by euthanasia View Post
I'm surprised SSeboi hasn't taken me up on my response to his offer? He seemed very motivated when he made that generic call out.
yea man its funny since ive made this thread its like hes mada point to not come on or to just not respond to it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 11:22 PM

The master mechanic/auto-Xer/pro everything has nothing to say.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

dont expect him to say anything ether right now hes is out showing all the nascar guys how to drive because he can beat them in his stock cobalt lol

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 12:39 AM

RTIntegra.....what kind of boost will you be running on that? A while back when my GN was stock, i ran a boosted Integra type R and he was making around 525fwhp....that thing was nasty. I respect all walks of cars aslong as they are clean and fast. His was the ultimate sleeper though......black car, white front bumper, missing rear bumper and pink wheels with a chrome lip....i didnt expect the beating that i got, granted we went from a roll, had we gone from a dig i would have taken him to probably around 45-50 but he would have been reeling me in HARD.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand National 5-0 View Post
RTIntegra.....what kind of boost will you be running on that? A while back when my GN was stock, i ran a boosted Integra type R and he was making around 525fwhp....that thing was nasty. I respect all walks of cars aslong as they are clean and fast. His was the ultimate sleeper though......black car, white front bumper, missing rear bumper and pink wheels with a chrome lip....i didnt expect the beating that i got, granted we went from a roll, had we gone from a dig i would have taken him to probably around 45-50 but he would have been reeling me in HARD.
yo you have any vids of your car?
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:

On low boost pump gas, I want to be making around the lower 400s, and when I finaly decide on what cams to get, I'm gonna swap them out along with the IM and TB, and hopefully be in the mid 400s. On high boost with water/meth I'd like to be sitting around the 520 whp area. Should be a nasty little bugger. I kinda want to do an 84mm sleeved build, or swap my motor into a CRX. Either way, I'm gonna rock what I got for now and see what happens next winter.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoguy View Post
yo you have any vids of your car?

If your asking me, no I don't. I will have some this summer though. I had one of me when I first got turboed (that night) of me beating some POS bolt on sentra, but I don't know what the hell happend to that vid.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:13 AM

Ive got a quick question for anyone who wants to answer.....i see alot of the import/sport compact guys going with water/meth. I run straight denatured alchohol injection....why the water? might sound like a stupid question but im used to cars that run on alchohol only.

RTIntegra, that sounds like a fun little car. back in high school a couple friends and i built my CRX with an H22a and boosted the crap outta it. it didnt live long but mand was it fun while it was running.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Ive got a quick question for anyone who wants to answer.....i see alot of the import/sport compact guys going with water/meth. I run straight denatured alchohol injection....why the water? might sound like a stupid question but im used to cars that run on alchohol only.

RTIntegra, that sounds like a fun little car. back in high school a couple friends and i built my CRX with an H22a and boosted the crap outta it. it didnt live long but mand was it fun while it was running.

I won't pretend to know everything about water/meth, but my basic understanding of it is the water has the cooling effect, and the methanol "ups" the octane of the fuel. 100 percent meth is also highly corrosive. High boost creates high heat, so the water is needed in order to help keep the IATs down. This is my basic understanding. It's also cool to know I can go up to the local convieniance store and get my "race fuel".

Yeah, IIRC H22s weren't known to be great boosting motors, but I may be wrong. I don't know a whole lot about H series motors. I bet it was fun though.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:43 AM

See I understand the corrosive part, although i dont really have to worry about it with my cast Iron block and forged internals, but for an aluminum block i understand. From what i understand though the Methanol helps cool the boost down....this is why i am able to run 28# of boost without knock. Before the alky i was only able to run 18#'s. along with the raise in octane, and 26 degrees timing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode