RTIs Turbo integra vs. Mustang GT (video) - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

RTIs Turbo integra vs. Mustang GT (video)

Raced a cam, exhaust and not sure if anything else mustang GT. I can't remember if he told me anything else, but I remember he said a cam and exhaust at least. First race my FPR came loose and I sprayed fuel everywhere. That sucked. Raced two more times and won. Dude was really cool. He hung out and shot the shit and helped me fix my car. Hopefully I'll get to race him again when he's on the spray as he said he runs a 120 shot. Anyhow, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-87l58uE0I

Last edited by Red Turbo integra; 05-18-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Contributing User

good kill and loss

05 flame red neon
MODS- ptp s3k turbo @ 27psi, ptp ported exh mani, agp wga, agp sri, jmb hardpipes, cti hotside pipe, hks ssqv bov, Ex Depot SB ic, prothane mm inserts, coolingmist w/i (trunk mount), FIC 625cc inj, agp returnline, needswings v5 dp, qtp e-cutout, maddog 50% sts, eibach sportlines, dcr oil modifier, safc2 and a few more things i can't remember
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 11:55 AM

Nice kill!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Contributing User

Nice job red. How long before we see some track videos? I just ordered my new drag wheels and got a great deal on a set of 26 X 15 X 8 Hosier. Hopefully I'll have enough power to get those big slicks spinning.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Nice job red. How long before we see some track videos? I just ordered my new drag wheels and got a great deal on a set of 26 X 15 X 8 Hosier. Hopefully I'll have enough power to get those big slicks spinning.

Probably going to Norwalk this weekend. I'll be on some crappy, crappy street tires more than likely. I'm not expecting anything near what the car will be capable of as it'll be my first time out, and like I said, these tires are BAAADD. I tried practicing launching a little bit, and I really had to baby them, and even then I got a some slippage. It wasn't even worth practicing as giving it a little bit more than normal thr***le they started to spin. I don't even think if I was RWD it would be any better, that's how bad they are, LOL. After the tires, my next project is getting the suspension completed.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:52 PM
The HepKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turbo integra View Post
Probably going to Norwalk this weekend. I'll be on some crappy, crappy street tires more than likely. I'm not expecting anything near what the car will be capable of as it'll be my first time out, and like I said, these tires are BAAADD. I tried practicing launching a little bit, and I really had to baby them, and even then I got a some slippage. It wasn't even worth practicing as giving it a little bit more than normal thr***le they started to spin. I don't even think if I was RWD it would be any better, that's how bad they are, LOL. After the tires, my next project is getting the suspension completed.
so did you go to the track?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
so did you go to the track?
Yeah, ran horrible times as expected, but for my first time to the track, it was a learning experiance. My best time was 13.5 @ 116MPH. I also did a 13.5 @ 112 MPH. I know, that's terrible, but I didn't even hit boost untill 3rd to try to prevent wheelspin of my crappy ass street tires. I had a set of slicks, but I didn't use them for a couple different reasons so they just hung out in the trunk. I only got 4 runs in because it was hot as hell in my car and I was still hungover from the night before and that didn't mix!

I'm gonna try to hit the track again on Friday and try a couple of things out. My 60's were consistantly 2.4s, but I think I can get those down if I actually launch agressively instead of normaly like I was. I want to try to get my MPH up aswell. I'm gonna try to give it some boost earlier on, and I'm gonna have my tuner raise my Rev limiter to 9K. I'm hoping that will prevent me from having to shift into 4th. I really want to try to turn out respectable times on street tires before I move to slicks, I just need to find a good set of street tires. I'm looking at some Falkens right now.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:16 PM
The HepKitty

those are sweet trap speeds, good luck!

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Contributing User

Work the sixty and everything else will fall into place. Also try leaving in second gear. I have a set of falken 452s on my car now. There not bad but not like I say wow these are great tires when I romp on it.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Work the sixty and everything else will fall into place. Also try leaving in second gear. I have a set of falken 452s on my car now. There not bad but not like I say wow these are great tires when I romp on it.
Yeah, I'm deffinatly going to be trying that out. I'm deffinatly going to see how leaving in 2nd does. I think I'll be able to leave at a higher RPM and get into boost/vtec sooner, and be able to control the wheels better. I probably could have pushed second a little more than I did, but owell. What tires do you reccomend? I'm looking at the Azenis, but almost any sport tire will be better than what I have now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode