1 Race, 2 GTO kills! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

1 Race, 2 GTO kills!

Well it's official. GTOs are now cheap enough that the kids can buy em! Coming home from work this morning on route 13 in delaware, I'm stopped at a light. Two lanes in each direction when I notice a red GTO with a black carbon fiber vented hood next to me. Well he noticed me also. Even though there were a few cars in front of us, he starts revving his engine. Then I notice that the car in my rear view is also reving. Look back and a silver 05/06 goat is sitting behind me. Light turns green and the traffic starts moving. I make my way thru the light traffic and the red goat gets next to me again and start revving and trying to get my attention. I waive the kid on. Haven't had much luck on this road the last couple of months. Pulled over twice and ticketed once! Well the road turns from two to four lanes and the silver car now gets on my passenger side and there both laughing and revving. I still dont bite. Well the kid in the red car pulls in front of me and slows down to 40MPH. I notice the 5.7 on the back so he's sporting a lightly modded 04. Exhaust, carbon fiber hood, etc. Now I'm getting annoyed. I mash the gas to go around him and he speeds up to match my speed and the silver car lines up on me also. From about 50 I finally just nail the thr***le and both cars are on their thr***les about as fast as I hit the gas. I put about 3 cars on the silver car and about 5 on the red GTO when I finally look down I'm doing a 130 and I get on the brakes feeling like an ass for going that fast and thinking to myself how jacked up I would be if the cops cought us!!! Both kids catch up and give a thumps up and a wave. They wanted to go again but I had already pushed my luck once. About a second or two later a bright blue VW GTi goes by and they deside to leave me alone and run down the VW. Crazy kids. Wonder how long they'll get away with their morning races?

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Contributing User

Nice...In my younger days, I have to admit, I would go looking for people to race also. But 20 tickets and a couple thousand dollars later, I've matured (a little, lol) and only race when I think I might lose

2007 SS/SC
O T T P TVS Stage 3 w/ 2.9" & 80# inj., ZZP 3" CAI, ZZP Stainless Mid-Length Header w/ 3" Catted DP, ZZP Stainless 3" Magnaflow Cat-Back, O T T P Heat Exchanger, Opt B, TTR Upper Engine Mount
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:57 AM
The HepKitty

I'll tell you, my GTO traps 122mph and yet my SRT on high boost just decimates it from a roll.... If I only owned the GTO and didn't know better I would be very hurt at such a beating.... damn skittles...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 11:47 AM

Garage
Nice kills though....

Remember, cars are a lot cheaper than before and dealers are willing to lower their prices significantly?? Some BS because I should have waited to save me a couple grand on my SS.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to BlackDragonSS Send a message via MSN to BlackDragonSS Send a message via Skype™ to BlackDragonSS
LOL! That proves the SS can whoop ass and stand up to the V-8's

"

The Skinny:
1980 Chevy Malibu
229 cu. in. V6 (don't judge)
3 spd. Saginaw
15 in. Rally wheels.
Mismatched paint.
A little rust.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragonSS View Post
LOL! That proves the SS can whoop ass and stand up to the V-8's
i believe he was in the neon

05 flame red neon
MODS- ptp s3k turbo @ 27psi, ptp ported exh mani, agp wga, agp sri, jmb hardpipes, cti hotside pipe, hks ssqv bov, Ex Depot SB ic, prothane mm inserts, coolingmist w/i (trunk mount), FIC 625cc inj, agp returnline, needswings v5 dp, qtp e-cutout, maddog 50% sts, eibach sportlines, dcr oil modifier, safc2 and a few more things i can't remember
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 04:08 PM

Garage
It was a neon. But a Cobalt SS/TC is equally as fast as the Neon mod for mod. (unless you don't know what your doing)??

But, when it comes down down to it, a GTO vs SS/TC is no match mod for mod. MAy be close but not that close.

BlueBeast just has one sick Skittle! How much power are you putting down again?? And with your mods??
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 05:54 PM
The HepKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSStreak View Post
It was a neon. But a Cobalt SS/TC is equally as fast as the Neon mod for mod. (unless you don't know what your doing)??
at this point in time, I disagree, as it is very easy to big turbo a SRT and trap 120+, how many Cobalt SS/TC's are doing this?

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSStreak View Post

But, when it comes down down to it, a GTO vs SS/TC is no match mod for mod. MAy be close but not that close.

BlueBeast just has one sick Skittle! How much power are you putting down again?? And with your mods??
The skittle is putting down just under 400 to the wheels. My car is Mopar stage 3, big intercooler and some exhaust work. Also a lot of suspension work. If hahn racing ever gets off their ass and works on that GT series turbo for the Cobalts I think your going to see some wicked fast Cobalts out there.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 12:23 AM

kinda funny im im youngish i guess bout 20, but i drive with some of the best drivers ive ever seen and i get compliments. but ive got a cobalt LT stock that stays with an 87 v8 camaro and actualy won 0-80 by 1.5 ft so theres not a lot of difference between the engines its power to weight. we did that tonite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode