Maybellene and a early 70's red Mach 1 Mustang.. - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
The HepKitty

Maybellene and a early 70's red Mach 1 Mustang..

Driving in remote Mexico, a red early 70's I believe, Mach 1 drove around me as I was at a red light behind a car, the light had turned green, the Mach 1 blips the thr***le which caught Maybellene's attention, as this car was very loud..

We wind up hitting another light, the Mach 1 is behind a car and so am I, and you could hear this thing idle, it sounded like it had a very decent cam... Light goes green and we both accelerate, the Mach 1 has a monster tach on the dash, and numbers on the windows that were chalked on, indicating it had recently been to the drag strip.

As we are rolling (we can't race due to traffic) side by side, he would get on it and then off, making his car sound really loud and mean..

Maybellene had been challenged and made a decision... "it's on" she would exclaim.....

She followed this car in traffic.....
Maybellene was now behind the Mach 1, following it around waiting for a oppertunity which soon came... We both hit a red light and are now side by side...a dig oppertunity...which had me nervous, as Maybellene tends to really overpower her wimpy rear tires and can get dangerously sideways during her 1st to 2nd gear shift..

Light goes green, he doesn't launch nor does Maybellene, we get upto 20mph, his nose slightly in front of sweet Maybell..... then he gets it, his car opens up and just drowns out any sound from Maybellene, whom btw isn't exactly quiet herself..

Maybellene gets on it also, downshifts reaching back down for 1st gear, immediately catches boost, her front end lifts as she is really starting to inhale.. and she goes around the Mach 1 whom is crazy loud, and puts 2 -3 cars before getting off at around 65mph... Had she of stayed in it, she would have kept pulling....but with victory in hand in a not so smart of a place to run, Maybellene brakes.... the Mach 1 does also, realizing his defeat, and Maybell then begins her normal putt putt way of driving, the Mach 1 goes around us and the fella waves, I wave in return, when he went around me he of course made some more noise...His window now came down, So Maybellene floors it (he is maybe 2 cars in front but not racing) and gets on his window and then gets off, give him a earful of the TIAL BOV splash!

Maybellene then happy goes on her way, as the 1950's Rock'n Roll is playing..

"Oh Maybellene, why can't you be true, Oh Maybellene, you done started doing the things you used to do!"

In my SRT-4, I really don't like doing the BOV salute to people, but in Maybellene, I love it, I have g***en many a deer in the headlight look when Maybellene twin turbo's make a turkey gobbling sound from the BOV..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Contributing User

That''s awesome. Too bad she had an attitude problem when she got beat by that SloBalt huh? haha

2007 SS/SC
O T T P TVS Stage 3 w/ 2.9" & 80# inj., ZZP 3" CAI, ZZP Stainless Mid-Length Header w/ 3" Catted DP, ZZP Stainless 3" Magnaflow Cat-Back, O T T P Heat Exchanger, Opt B, TTR Upper Engine Mount
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 05:46 PM

Garage
I love these kill stories!!

I wish that I had such beautiful use of words like you.... Probably make a loss sound good and make my SS not feel so bad every single time

Nice one though.... When you are boosted, people will know and think twice. Especially when its already an LS motor!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I just love when MT writes.

MT, you should write a book. I will buy it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Contributing User

very nice job

05 flame red neon
MODS- ptp s3k turbo @ 27psi, ptp ported exh mani, agp wga, agp sri, jmb hardpipes, cti hotside pipe, hks ssqv bov, Ex Depot SB ic, prothane mm inserts, coolingmist w/i (trunk mount), FIC 625cc inj, agp returnline, needswings v5 dp, qtp e-cutout, maddog 50% sts, eibach sportlines, dcr oil modifier, safc2 and a few more things i can't remember
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode