C/ss/sc vs - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
C/ss/sc vs

Well, I do not encourage any street races because of the fact that they are illegal and highly dangerous but I can't help myself at all when there is a guy next to me making engine noises.

I have encountered several races locally in the last 3 weeks and here is some:

Last week, on the way to visit my parents, a white 2005-2007 Acura RSX-Type S with one of those huge stock wings meets at a light next to me in front of the dealer in which I bought my Balt. He looks over at me and throttles a bit in neutral making me aware that he has an aftermarket exhaust of some sort. So I chuckle a bit and roll my window down and say "lets go". As soon as the light turns green, I do a dramatic burnout on purpose just for show, he catches 2 cars on me instantly and that is when I decided to get a bit serious. It was bad lets just say that.... As soon as I caught traction, I was back even with him, switched to second, passed him up and never even finished third completely. And the thing is, I don't want to sound too cocky but I thought I heard a blowoff valve chirping at me every time he shifted. Couldn't really tell because my S/C whine drowns out a lot of noises around me. But I ended up about 2 car lengths in front.

2 weeks ago, my family had a little party at my aunts apartment and as I was starting to head home, a fellow in a 300C Hemi on 22"s meets me at the light of a street that runs parallel to BART (public transportation rail train). So the street as you can imagine is pretty long and has long spaced out traffic lights. I did not know the guy wanted to race me so as soon as light turned green, he floors it and caught me off guard so I was playing catch up. Next light, I was ready for him, launched pretty decent and burned all through second and tapped out third and I was a good 2&1/2 lengths in front at the end. Not bad for a flashy car on big rims....

And last night, not really boasting about this one but a ~2008 Mustang GT was on the freeway last night and I had no intentions on racing because it was late for one, and I was just wanting to get home and rest. I was doing about 85mphs and I was going to catch up to him and to continue to go on my way. I guess the guy thought that I would give him a immediate race because as soon as I caught up, he started to floor it. I waited patiently for the GT to line up again with me and this time put it into 3rd gear and waited till he jumped again. As soon as he did, I reacted and we set off. By the time I knew it, I was in 5th at 140mph and he was quite a ways behind me. I didn't expect nothing more because I have had several encounters with GTs in the past and all which turned out the same way. Can't wait to go against the 5.0....

But that is my kill list of just the 'oh this happened while I was...." moments.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RedSStreak; 10-21-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Contributing User

you still bragging about that turd of yours .lmfao ... j/k

new toy an new build for 2010 :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Contributing User

Nice wins. I'm suprised the GT didn't put up a better fight. They pull hard to 140 and will normally out trap an SS/SC in the 1/4.

2004 SRT-4 Stage 3

[email protected]!
Best trap 120.6
Best sixty 1.68

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
^^

Nice to see you too freaky. So how is that build of yours coming along??

@BB.... I know they trap better but its strange what happens third and forth to the GT and they do go to 140mphs, don't get it wrong but my buddy's SVO has a better time with me on the freeway. Of course he does have a boost controller to aid him on that one.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Contributing User

it's right on schedule actually , by next summer i'll be running 11's i'm only 1 year in a 4 year plan . got to have patients son .lol

new toy an new build for 2010 :
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Nice....

Hey you are on camaroforums aren't you?? I see you post on the 3rd gen sometimes for certain questions. But I will get rid of my econobox and get a GTO next year. It seems to work in my favor and budget that way and finally I will get a better platform to mess with.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Contributing User

GTOs are slow lol.

LS2+Boost=584rwhp (671.6bhp) lol
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That is what everyone says....

But not looking to make it straight line speed when I get it, making it a drift car/DD.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode